Hammond: New Home for Richard Hammond

aaurora

Car(s)
Mazda
Stunning!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1551367.ece

TOP Gear's Richard Hammond has bought his own castle.
The pint-sized TV presenter, nicknamed Hamster, splashed out ?2million on the pile.

It is set in 20 acres. The main house has six bedrooms while outbuildings include a pool and stables.

There is extensive garaging for Richard's dozen cars and motorbikes and plenty of room for his family's three horses, four dogs, chickens, sheep, two cats and a rabbit.

The 38-year-old has money to burn after striking a ?25,000-an-episode deal for the BBC motoring show and pocketing ?750,000 for four days' work shooting an advert for supermarket Morrisons.

He has lived for years in Gloucestershire and so will not have to uproot wife Mindy, 42, and their two young daughters too much for the move to Herefordshire.

An insider said: "Richard toyed with moving nearer London but realises he could never settle down there.

"And the castle dwarfs the Cotswold farmhouse owned by fellow presenter Jeremy Clarkson."

Much of it was built in the 18th century by an owner whose Spanish sweetheart said she would move to England if he had a castle.

But she spurned him and he is said to haunt the grounds.

Good old Hamster.

When I saw the thread title, I was thinking you meant one of these:

prop_1_32647.jpg

^Why does it have the color scheme of a fishing float? Or a Pokeball? "Hammond, I chose you!" "Hammond evolves into POWERRRR!"

I disagree, it's more like "Hammond evolves into Driving GOD!"

^Why does it have the color scheme of a fishing float? Or a Pokeball? "Hammond, I chose you!" "Hammond evolves into POWERRRR!"

:lol:

Good for Hamster! :hamster:

Can't wait to to hear Clarkson razz on him during the next series! :tease: :clarkson:

Jezza will buy the Buckingham Palace now?

Well, he apparantly earned 1.5 Million pounds for one commercial, so that is about 2 months of opening supermarkets, attending carshows, giving speeches and filming commercials :lol:

Well, he apparantly earned 1.5 Million pounds for one commercial, so that is about 2 months of opening supermarkets, attending carshows, giving speeches and filming commercials :lol:

it was 750k ? but that still is a helluvalot of money
good on him but a pity it won't buy him class :(

for some reason I picture a huge great mansion and then the ugliest interior of any house...

Any1 got pictures of the place, brochure or maybe google earth location?

Wow, Richard will be really happy that the Sun has printed his future adress. :( (To be fair, not that they actually printed it, but it doesn't take long to find out what building it is if you are interested to know where he is going to live.)
But nice house, great pool, good place to live if you like the country life. :)

Last edited:

Took me about three minutes. Whatever did we do without Google.

Check out the link that I posted at the top - there's some pictures there. It is no doubt impressive, but I think I prefer the farmhouse that he was renting. It just seems more....I don't know...natural. Imagine living in a castle! It's mind boggling.

Last edited:
Oh my...that castle is HUGE! I think from now on, we'll have to call him Lord Hammond or something rather..., love the pool by the way :p