New Indiana Jones upsetting to Communists

airmenair

I was just going to post a few quotes from the article in the random thoughts thread, but there were so many that just made my draw drop.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080523/od_nm/indianajones_dc;_ylt=Aj2xETvyzfMBsSTor5pYrXvtiBIF

ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) - Russian Communist party members condemned the new Indiana Jones' film on Friday as crude anti-Soviet propaganda that distorted history and called for it to be banned from Russian screens.

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" stars Harrison Ford as an archeologist in 1957 competing with an evil KGB agent, played by Cate Blanchett, to find a skull endowed with mystic powers.

"What galls is how together with America we defeated Hitler, and how we sympathized when Bin Laden hit them. But they go ahead and scare kids with Communists. These people have no shame," said Viktor Perov, a Communist Party member in Russia's second city of St Petersburg.

The comments were made at a local Communist party meeting and posted on its Internet site www.kplo.ru.

The film, the fourth in the hugely successful Indiana Jones series, went on release in Russian cinemas on Thursday. Russian media said it was being shown on 808 screens, the widest ever release for a Hollywood movie.

In past episodes Indiana Jones has escaped from Nazi soldiers, an Egyptian snake pit, a Bedouin swordsman and a child-enslaving Indian demigod.

RUNNING DOGS

"Harrison Ford and Cate Blanchett (are) second-rate actors, serving as the running dogs of the CIA. We need to deprive these people of the right of entering the country," said another party member, Andrei Gindos.

Though the ranks of the once all-powerful Communist Party have dwindled since Soviet times, its members see themselves as the defenders of the achievements of the old Soviet Union.

Other communists said the generation born after the 1991 collapse of the Soviet Union were being fed revisionist, Hollywood history. They advocated banning the Indiana Jones outright to prevent "ideological sabotage."

"Our movie-goers are teenagers who are completely unaware of what happened in 1957," St Peterburg Communist Party chief Sergei Malinkovich told Reuters.

"They will go to the cinema and will be sure that in 1957 we made trouble for the United States and almost started a nuclear war."

"It's rubbish ... In 1957 the communists did not run with crystal skulls throughout the U.S. Why should we agree to that sort of lie and let the West trick our youth?"

Vladimir Mukhin, another member of the local Communist Party, said in comments posted on the Internet site that he would ask Russia's Culture Ministry to ban the film for its "anti-Soviet propaganda."

The Indiana Jones film is not the first Hollywood production to offend Russian sensibilities.

In 1998 the Russian parliament demanded the government explain why the Hollywood film "Armageddon" - which depicted a dilapidated Russian space station that blows apart because of a leaky pipe - was allowed onto Russian cinema screens.

A government official at the time said the film, starring Bruce Willis as the leader of a team of astronauts sent to deflect an asteroid on a collision course with Earth, "mocked the achievements of Soviet and Russian technology."

I've nearly lost all faith in humanity. Just when I thought I've heard it all, a new thread here pops up and continues my disbelief. I just don't see how people reason in such insane ways and why people listen to them. I guess if you say something outlandish enough you'll get press for it...

Frankly it doesn't surprise me, the Commies are pretty uptight about a lot of things. And Indy wasn't really kind to them in the first place. :lol:

I would of thought they should of been more upset over Cate Blanchetts wooden acting.

"Harrison Ford and Cate Blanchett (are) second-rate actors, serving as the running dogs of the CIA. We need to deprive these people of the right of entering the country,"

I'm sure they'll fall to ground crying when they hear that.

I didn't realise that the views expressed by one film express the views of an entire country! You know, if we were all communists, we could learn a whole lot more!

@Hidden_Hunter :lol: me too!

"Our movie-goers are teenagers who are completely unaware of what happened in 1957," St Peterburg Communist Party chief Sergei Malinkovich told Reuters.

"They will go to the cinema and will be sure that in 1957 we made trouble for the United States and almost started a nuclear war."

"It's rubbish ... In 1957 the communists did not run with crystal skulls throughout the U.S. Why should we agree to that sort of lie and let the West trick our youth?"

These three quotes get me...I mean, are they serious?? :lol:

Do the Nazis have any comment?

Godwin's Law!

These three quotes get me...I mean, are they serious?? :lol:
They?ve need to keep their few left followers on their toes on the sight of some "threats" to them and spread some anger into the people ... they are so desperate because of the loss of their power, they?ve gone all silly and stupid ...
Do the Nazis have any comment?
I?d go out and ask some, but these old fucks always depress me ... :wheelchair:

Some fucktard at uni stuck up some pro communist posters up on the bill board and someone wrote on it "how's the soviet union working out for you?"

I wish I could come up with something thought provoking, but all I that I conjure up to respond to the article is "fuck you, assholes!"

I guess the Commies have just spent so much time presenting fiction as facts that they just got the two mixed up. Now they think a Hollywood movie is a documentary.

I guess the Commies have just spent so much time presenting fiction as facts that they just got the two mixed up. Now they think a Hollywood movie is a documentary.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Do they think that the CIA is in the business of making movies? :lol: Oh communists, at least they're good for a laugh.

Oh, yeah, let's see these AMERICAN film makers neuter an AMERICAN film to please communists.

You can make this stuff up...

So wait...Communist Russia didn't send spies to the American desert to look for a magical ancient artifact? And the Nazis didn't start campaigns to search for the Arc of the Covenant and the Holy Grail? My education was a sham!! :cry:

What galls is how together with America we defeated Hitler, and how we sympathized when Bin Laden hit them.

Yeah, totally! Uh, except for the 40 or so years in the middle there where they pointed nuclear missiles at us, killed tens of millions of people, and forcibly enslaved half of the world...

And they call us revisionist :rolleyes:

So wait...Communist Russia didn't send spies to the American desert to look for a magical ancient artifact? And the Nazis didn't start campaigns to search for the Arc of the Covenant and the Holy Grail? My education was a sham!! :cry:

They've lied to us all! :cry:

Indiana Jones movie not historically accurate? Say it isn't true!

i worked for Dell and trained some Indian employees from Bangalore, some how the movies came up and they told me temple of doom was banned from their region.....