New Invision

Phix

So what are the odds of these forums being upgraded to the latest (and by far the nicest message board system) version of Invision? Except... I heard that you have to pay a hefty sum to be able to use it now. Is that true?

I am growing tired of the lack of features in this version of phpBB, but I don't really want to run Invision 1.3 for a while as as soon as phpBB 2.2 is out, we'll be switching to it.

^ Have they still not set a release date for phpBB 2.2?

I do agree on waiting for phpBB 2.2 though... switching to Invision wouldn't really be worth the work.

I'm fine with this layout because of its simplicity... and having the background white is good... unlike dieselstation where everything looks so cramped up and unorganized :(

I like it, too. Simplicity, as andyhui01 stated is important... What else would you want from a board? Fast, easy to use... Fulfilles its purpose I' say!

Buba

andyhui01 said:
I'm fine with this layout because of its simplicity... and having the background white is good... unlike dieselstation where everything looks so cramped up and unorganized :(

Php lacks features and looks meh

zenon said:
^ Have they still not set a release date for phpBB 2.2?
No, they're still working on completing it. :?

andyhui01 said:

Agreed

There's shedloads of mods for phpbb though. IT's not bad for free.

I'm pretty much totally happy with the way this forum is. Again, another vote for the overall simplicity of the forum - top stuff.

yup... I'm happy with this forum as it is... it doesn't have that bar and calls noob's Dirty oil filter and stuff... that is the most pointless thing in the world

ESPNSTI said:
^ If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)
Wiser words have never been spoken.

There's only one thing that bugs me about these forums and that is that when you visit them and don't view all the new posts, the posts you missed are no longer indicated as unread the next time you log on. Am I missing a trick here or is this just bad design?

It isn't "unread threads", it's "new posts since last visit". It's like that on all forums.

Shame it can't be unread threads. Guess I'm used to Arborwood Forums or something. Just seems like it would be much easier that way, and much less annoying when ur browser crashes or when u have to go out mid-way.

overheat said:
much less annoying when ur browser crashes or when u have to go out mid-way.

its been happening alot for me after Vipers site crashed 2 weeks ago, and whenever I click "View new post" the start reading them, when I click back, sometimes all the threads just dissapear and it just said "No posts met your search Criteria", then I have to end up clicking every single session and look at all the recent posts :(