New Jersey-ites, your new car has arrived. Introducing the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro.

16115d1431809269t-igfjlp6.jpg

End of a line. Top right can say hello to '90s Aerobirds and go to f%$^ to Eu. Same as thoose led strips.

Seriously, what was wrong with 21w yellow runners?
2010-chevrolet-camaro-ss.jpg

Heh thanks! We'll see what Ford can cook up. I have decent exposure to the Mustang program through friends that work on it, but working on Edge/MKX myself I don't know all the info. But even if I did,
sshcK2I.gif

Just curious did you have anything to do with the Edge eating wheel bearings every few months :D

That is the only issue that bothers me about our 2010 three rear wheel bearings replaced in less than 4,000 miles and the PTU but I am guessing the "lifetime" gear oil decision was pushed on the engineers by the all mighty bean counters.

Do not want. Mustang and Challenger look a million times better and the Mustang will still eat this alive in what all matters. ;)

And for the record my "rental" V6 in my '14 Charger has 300bhp and does the 0-60 run in the mid, low-6's with the 8spd auto. I surprise a good deal of people with how quick it is even with all these extra pounds. Swapping for a decent rear and tuning it will get it right where this V6 Camaro is. Just saying. :)

Updates.

These are Chevy's official specs, so not independent testing, but given the scrutiny of this car, they'd better back this up.

PTQUJWR.jpg

ZGVZRDz.jpg

Stats on the 2.0L turbo are impressive, but did they cheap out on the brakes or something?

The best thing about this car coming out is the potential deals Ford might finally start offering on Mustangs. A guard green Ecoboost with Recaros and performance pack still sounds pretty nice to me.

st.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious did you have anything to do with the Edge eating wheel bearings every few months :D

That is the only issue that bothers me about our 2010 three rear wheel bearings replaced in less than 4,000 miles and the PTU but I am guessing the "lifetime" gear oil decision was pushed on the engineers by the all mighty bean counters.

I didn't :lol:
I only joined the Edge program last october for the new one, and even then I'm not working on the American variant, but the 7 passenger Chinese one and the diesel European one.

The more I see the new Camaro interior, the less I like it.

I just can't stand that wide single row of buttons, the 2 huge vents behind the shifter, the screen bezel, and the instrument binnacle. The materials and integration seem to be better than the Mustang, but the Pony's design is just so much more appealing to me.

Ditto. The layout just irritates me. Those vents look stupid low (I like dash vents to be able to blow air on my face, not my stomach), the steering wheel looks "bulky," and those cheeseball GM MyLink graphics on the touchscreen don't help.

I thought the new Mustang's interior was fantastic, IMO.

I didn't :lol:
I only joined the Edge program last october for the new one, and even then I'm not working on the American variant, but the 7 passenger Chinese one and the diesel European one.

Good to know, have the wheel bearing issues been fixed on the later models? Hopefully the skf on the left rear and the moog on the right rear hold up better. Is the ptu still sealed with the "lifetime" gear oil?

How are you guys getting seven seats in the edge there is barely enough room in ours for our dog and some suit cases.

Good to know, have the wheel bearing issues been fixed on the later models? Hopefully the skf on the left rear and the moog on the right rear hold up better. Is the ptu still sealed with the "lifetime" gear oil?

How are you guys getting seven seats in the edge there is barely enough room in ours for our dog and some suit cases.

I don't know enough of the technical bits to answer the first part tonight, but as far as 7 seats go, the Chinese model gets a unique body to fit the 2 extra seats.

T4C7qv1l.jpg

7P4GJ61l.jpg

This is really derailing the thread, but why not replace the Explorer with that? The Fusion is way more popular with the NYPD than the Taurus, so maybe this would be a good PI with the larger body style and no third row of seats.

This is really derailing the thread, but why not replace the Explorer with that? The Fusion is way more popular with the NYPD than the Taurus, so maybe this would be a good PI with the larger body style and no third row of seats.

I was wondering what the point was as well, this has to be on a different chasis than the current edge the over hang on the rear end does not appear to be much more than the 2010 I have and there is no way two more seats will fit comfortably in the current version.

And why are they selling different models I thought ford was stream lining everything globally?

Edit it looks like they did lengthen the body

US

2015-ford-edge_100470675_m.jpg

China
Ford-Edge-7-seat-China-2.jpg

Last edited:
Guys... can you take this fascinating discussion to a different thread? Thank you in advance.

Hot Rod Magazine Dyno Run Video with sound 405.2 whp 405.4 wtq

Did I ever tell you guys I was born in New Jersey (no, that's not a joke)? :mrgreen:

------------

Do not want. Mustang and Challenger look a million times better and the Mustang will still eat this alive in what all matters. ;)

And for the record my "rental" V6 in my '14 Charger has 300bhp and does the 0-60 run in the mid, low-6's with the 8spd auto. I surprise a good deal of people with how quick it is even with all these extra pounds. Swapping for a decent rear and tuning it will get it right where this V6 Camaro is. Just saying. :)
And if someone modded their new Camaro V6 then the gap between both cars would widen again. Stock vs stock, or mods to mods. Not apples vs oranges.
Looks are subjective, I'll give you that, but I'm not sure I follow what you mean in how the Mustang "will still eat this alive in what matters." :|

Stats on the 2.0L turbo are impressive, but did they cheap out on the brakes or something?

The best thing about this car coming out is the potential deals Ford might finally start offering on Mustangs. A guard green Ecoboost with Recaros and performance pack still sounds pretty nice to me.

st.jpg
Dunno about the brakes... but I agree, the numbers don't look terrific.

Guard Green is a lovely colour, but I have seen it in person and it is too much gray and not enough green for my tastes.

12140594_708023739342079_2870894903274095894_n.jpg

I think for the current S550 range, my favourite is the Competition Orange. If I were going 'stang, I think I'd want that one.

attachment.php

:heart:

Last edited:
Reviews are in.

Coles notes?

Car and Driver said:
... it has attained a new level of driving precision for its genre.
C/D got 0-60 in 3.9 sec and a 12.3 in the quarter with a fully loaded 2SS (and sunroof and mag ride) with the A8. 70-to-0 mph in 147 ft. Car weighed 3760 lbs.

Motor Trend said:
Ride and handling are worlds better than the Camaro it replaces; steering is sharp, nicely weighted, and precise. And although prone to understeer at the limit, the Chevy is happy to hang the tail out with a dab of throttle.
MT got 0-60 in 4.0 second and 12.4 in the quarter with a bare bones 1SS M6. 60-to-0 mph in 106 ft. Car weighed 3672 lbs.

Mustang. Challenger. Camaro. The current iterations of all are probably the zenith of pony/muscle cars before the next coming of the oil crisis, the electrification and automation of our favourite hobby...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-automatic-test-review

http://beta.motortrend.com/car-reviews/first-tests/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-first-test-review/

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1512-2016-chevrolet-camaro-review/

Last edited:
Mustang. Challenger. Camaro. The current iterations of all are probably the zenith of pony/muscle cars before the next coming of the oil crisis, the electrification and automation of our favourite hobby...

This makes me sad because you are likely right on the money. I may not personally like the 2010+ Camaro but I do like what all 3 pony cars stand for, which is enthusiasm and enjoyment of the driving experience. Going smaller displacement/less cylinders + turbo(s) is great as long as there is still an option for a V8. The thought of automakers taking way the V8 almost unilaterally because of CAFE makes me sick. At that point it will be the end of the line for me and my wife buying new cars once that officially happens. I've got about half a dozen friends and family members who feel the same way.

This makes me sad because you are likely right on the money. I may not personally like the 2010+ Camaro but I do like what all 3 pony cars stand for, which is enthusiasm and enjoyment of the driving experience. Going smaller displacement/less cylinders + turbo(s) is great as long as there is still an option for a V8. The thought of automakers taking way the V8 almost unilaterally because of CAFE makes me sick. At that point it will be the end of the line for me and my wife buying new cars once that officially happens. I've got about half a dozen friends and family members who feel the same way.
Took the words outta my mouth.

I'm already trying to convince the wife we need a plot of country land where I can build a 6 car garage, and start stocking it with "well used" older muscle cars that I can spend the rest of my life tinkering on.

Took the words outta my mouth.

I'm already trying to convince the wife we need a plot of country land where I can build a 6 car garage, and start stocking it with "well used" older muscle cars that I can spend the rest of my life tinkering on.

Jesus dude, get out of my head! We want to retire on a small plot of land and go as off grid as possible. :D

I just looked at an old warehouse that has a few acres myself. I will have a few things going on there, but a good portion will be for vehicles.

st.jpg

Ford would have had my money already if you could get the Cyclone with Recaros.

I'm just glad to see that GM got the engines and trim levels right. V8>V6>I4. ALWAYS.

Got passed by a new Camaro today. They put the rear SS badge in literally the dumbest place possible.

8lNhRxi.jpg

What was wrong with the old clean placement.

TQN4ihP.jpg

You don't have twenty-four though, you have millions :p so those 24 are segment-exclusive :nod:

"millions" is probably 256*256*256, right? RGB. 16 million and change.

Something tells me 24 distinctly different ones is enough. :lol: