Unveiled: New KIA Cadenza

GaryC

Car(s)
'90 Miata, '12 Octavia RS
Rather nice looking. Better than the Toyota fleet, but not by much. (Though you'd be hard-pressed to be more boring than a Toyota car.) But this is, after all, aimed at adults with families around say 30-40 so the styling can't be too aggressive or too extreme. It needs to stand out, but not be too outlandish. So, for that, Kia's done a rather good job for the exterior. Of course, we'll have to see the interior to make a final verdict.

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
GT2 and the GT3RS are just VW Beatles.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
That front is awful.

Still, if it is remotely similar to the Genesis in overall baller-ness(and price),you could make a credible case for it.

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
How do they manage to always make it look cheap?

GM_IV

Car(s)
2014 Monogram FRS
The Forte and the face lifted Magentis are actually good looking, this one is a bit of a set back compared to those two. The interior is really the key thing, Kia interiors are much better than before...there's no question the Forte's interior is vastly better than the terrible Spectra's. There are much worse cars than Kias...they're called Chryslers.

2Billion

Car(s)
'10 Toyota Matrix XR
The Forte and the face lifted Magentis are actually good looking, this one is a bit of a set back compared to those two. The interior is really the key thing, Kia interiors are much better than before...there's no question the Forte's interior is vastly better than the terrible Spectra's. There are much worse cars than Kias...they're called Chryslers.

That's not really saying much. I'd take a Brilliance BS6 over anything in the Chrysler range.

Still, you're right, Kia is improving exponentially. They've got the styling there, and the interiors are improving, they've just got to smooth out the engines a bit (the Soul's engine was quite thrashy in an annoying way when I test drove it) and I might actually buy one.

Last edited:

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
I've always liked the Opirus. It reminds me of an old Mercedes-Benz E-class. :cool:
And the back thinks it's a Ford and the middle doesnt know what it is. Confucius design.

Thankfully Confucius have been thrown out of the window by Peter Shreyer and the Cadenza is quite nice.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
looks like an Insignia. do not want

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic

Why so hate towards Chrysler's cars? I find some of them quite good, like the PT Cruiser and the Sebring. :cool:

2Billion

Car(s)
'10 Toyota Matrix XR
Why so hate towards Chrysler's cars? I find some of them quite good, like the PT Cruiser and the Sebring. :cool:

You're wrong though.