Unveiled: New KIA Cadenza

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
Kia reveals name of all-new luxury sedan

(Seoul) October 18, 2009? Kia Motors Corporation has unveiled the first official picture and export market name of the production version of its KND-5 concept car ? an all-new sedan designed to satisfy drivers? desire for refinement, safety and emotional satisfaction by creating ?ideal? driving conditions.

The stylish luxury sedan, which is to be called ?Cadenza? in markets outside of Korea, will make its overseas premiere at the Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Dubai international motor shows, towards the end of the year.
The Cadenza name is derived from an Italian musical term used to describe an elaborate, ornamental flourish for a concerto or aria. It perfectly symbolizes the dynamic sedan?s striking design philosophy and upscale image.

Sporty and sleek in appearance, Cadenza features a bold headlamp design with attention-grabbing LED surrounds and a purposeful, athletic character line. The prominent front grille and stylish taillights emphasize the car?s high-tech feel and are a continuing expression of Kia's dramatic design DNA.

On the inside, there is a futuristic ?floating? dashboard that highlights Kia?s uniquely innovative design approach. The welcome system turns on the exterior puddle and interior lights to ?greet? the car owner, while the interior mood lighting strip, which runs along the dashboard to the door trim, creates a warm atmosphere within the vehicle.

Kia Cadenza?s dynamic design and driving performance, allied with a raft of competitive passenger-friendly high-tech features, will make it a leader in the large, luxury sedan market segment. Available new technologies will include a heated steering wheel (for winter driving in cold markets), powered extendable seat cushions (for extra thigh support), automatic defogging of the windshield and ventilated front seats (for cool comfort in hot markets).

Soon-Nam Lee, Director of the Overseas Marketing Group, Kia Motors Corporation, said, ?New Cadenza will showcase the continuing evolution in Kia?s striking design language through the harmonious blend of light and lines. It will also present a new concept in luxury sedans in terms of performance and technology.?

Editors? Note: Please visit the official Kia blog (Kia BUZZ) for high resolution versions of the attached image and other views of the Kia Cadenza.
Related video footage available at The NewsMarket (www.thenewsmarket.com/kiamotors). You can get broadcast-standard or streaming-quality video (for Web use) and print-quality stills. Delivery options include digital FTP transfer and streaming download in a variety of file types including Flash, MPEG-2, QuickTime and Windows Media. Registration and content is free to the media.

vg_frontside-02.jpg

kia-cadenza-front-quarter-view2.jpg

vg_front.jpg

vg_side.jpg

:cool:

It has cheekbones and looks like it's very upset and angry.

Don't look at the biggest grill and you will see the face and brick your pants.

Love how the first two are the EXACT same photo of the car, just different backgrounds. :p

I will say that it is an attractive car. Kia's corporate maw is pretty adaptable, if fairly dull..

If this will be available in the US...most will look at "Cadenza" and think "Credenza."
credenza.jpg

I'd but one, in fact i might actually do so if it fairs well enough.

So how much of this is Genesis (or Sonata) underneath?

Not bad looking, but it always will be a Kia.

It's sad Kia can't overcome its humble origins, since this is rather nice.

Uhhh, dejavou, again?
38347-257181.jpg

I thought only the chineses steal other's design-ideas, wrong, very wrong <_<

Back in '99 I was buying a used Jeep Wrangler, and the used car salesman was also the head Kia salesman. No less than 3 times during the filling-out of paperwork did his co-workers poke their head into his office singing (like the Chia Pet song) "K-K-K-Kia!"

Seems most of the info on that site is for members. Any other shots anyone care to post? Any of the interior?

I think it shares some "desgin-genes" with the Insignia too ... with some Saab-dna mixed into it ...

It doesn?t look bad in the pictures I have to say ... but this "luxury sedan" will be sold mainly with the argument of a low price ... wich kind of takes the term "luxury" out of the title by definition even without having seen interior or quality ...

This will be a "well-priced sedan" ... and there?s nothing wrong with Value for Money (on the contrary) ... just cut the marketing-BLA down a bit, Kia. Don?t tell People you?ll be aiming for a market that you are just not.

I'm going to hold my tongue until I can see it in person. Hyundai surprised the hell out of me with the Genesis, so who knows, Kia might do the same.

I like the styling of this better than the Genesis, but I understand they are not necessarily going after the same market.

There is some similarity in the front end, but to say it's a ripoff is a bit much. It is trying to pick up recent design trends, so there's that heavy emphasis on the grille area everyone's doing. As a result, both have arrived at similar front end solutions, though I actually see a bit of tamed and swollen FPV Falcon in the Kia. Not remotely similar looking cars, but the way they divide their front areas is kind of the same idea. Just different designers interpreting the same trends, I'm guessing.

Last edited:
What is it with the terrible names? Rio, Cadenza...

The car is promisingly-looking, but the name...

"Cadenza"... in italian it means "accent" (linguistic), "cadence" (rhythm), "rate" (of fire). And it's not a very cool word to hear either.

And the rear lights seems to have been borrowed from the Citroen C5...
2008-citroen-c5-4.jpg

Edit: For those who don't know what the Cadenza replaces, it's this:
04amanti_5.jpg

Last edited:
As of late I love opening up these Kia threads because it seems they keep getting better and better. They're quickly moving up my list of favorite car makers. This Cadenza is a very handsome car.

As of late I love opening up these Kia threads because it seems they keep getting better and better. They're quickly moving up my list of favorite car makers. This Cadenza is a very handsome car.

uuuurgh... I'm gettin sick! :? :barf: