Unveiled: New KIA Cadenza

Why so hate towards Chrysler's cars? I find some of them quite good, like the PT Cruiser and the Sebring. :cool:
That's a joke...right?

Why so hate towards Chrysler's cars? I find some of them quite good, like the PT Cruiser and the Sebring. :cool:

Nothing you ever say here will ever be taken seriously from these words, on.

Are you a PR guy from Chrysler? <_<

I wished. :mrgreen: No, just a regular guy that does like some of Chrysler's more recent models, like the Sebring with its boat-inspired-hood and the PT Cruiser was always such a funny good looking car to me. I love the retro lines that reminds me of Al Capone's cars.

At first I didn't like it because those press shots are really awful! But I've seen some live shots elsewhere and it looks great in them. I'll try and find them and post 'em up.

Chalk up another one for the "I don't like it because it's a KIA and I'm a wanker" group. And also the "I thought it said Credenza" group.

In addition to that: Damn, man those pictures are huuuge and the first two are exactly the same anyway! :rolleyes:

Rising out of Asia indeed.

oh yuck, those last pictures are even worse... looks like an Insignia crashed into a Skoda and then they added even more dullness!

Engines: 290-hp 3.5V6, 2.7L V6 with 200-hp and 2.4L Theta II with 180-hp will be available at launch, while 201-hp Theta II GDI (gasoline direct injection) will be available from October 2010.
Estimated pricing: Korean K7 will start at 28 million Korean Won (US$23.800), while the top of the range K7 will go for 40 million Korean Won ($34.000).

kia-k7-2.jpg

kiak7interior.jpg

kiainterior.jpg

kiak7white.jpg

kia2010.jpg

interiork7.jpg

And facing a rival:

1257241382_IMG_1714.gif

1257239885_IMG_1680.gif

1257239885_IMG_1695.gif

1257239885_IMG_1698.gif

1257239885_IMG_1699.gif

1257239885_IMG_1701.gif

1257239885_IMG_1704.gif

1257239885_IMG_1707.gif

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Backseat is nice, outside is nice, but that steering wheel is HORRIBLE! And piano black is just like having a sign saying "please leave your smudges here".

Wow looks sharp. Love the interior as well. Definitely looks a step above the Camry or Accord. Still don't really care for the bland over-sized grille though.

Backseat is nice, outside is nice, but that steering wheel is HORRIBLE! And piano black is just like having a sign saying "please leave your smudges here".

Agreed, piano black has to be one of the worst possible choices for a car interior finish. Otherwise it looks pretty good for the price.

Rear end reminds me too much of Audi, but the overall shape is pretty decent.
I suppose this slots in above the Optima (which I think looks rather excellent).

The center stack could benefit from graceful simplification and de-shining (ugh) but other than that (and some obvious Audi-shness) I quite like it. I know as much about family sedans as I do about sports cars but had I been in the market for one this looks like a viable contender.