New Law Will Install Kill Switches In All New Cars

awdrifter

More lost of freedom I guess. But it probably doesn't matter as once they banned has cars app electric cars will be connected to the manufacturers, so they can perform a remote shut down.

While I am not a fan of this, you are way off on your argument. This is more like punishing everyone for the sins of a few.

This will end up going away though. As soon as people start spraying perfume in the car, it shuts down and the automakers can't get a work around, they will cry foul and get it repealed.

I don't see it going away. Electric cars will become like the phones, you get a license to use it, they can revoke it and shut it down.

I don't see it going away. Electric cars will become like the phones, you get a license to use it, they can revoke it and shut it down.
Renault already lost a court battle over here in Europe over their handling of "rental battery" in the Zoe. If you didn't pay your battery rental fee (mostly because the 2nd owner would have to make a new contract for that and many conveniently forgot), they would remotely disable charging of the car. Got told off that was not allowed by some court or other. No idea what they're doing now...

Luckily, the rental battery isn't a thing anymore anyway. It was more of a way to get customers aboard the EV train who were at the very beginning hesitant about battery longevity.

Luckily, the rental battery isn't a thing anymore anyway. It was more of a way to get customers aboard the EV train who were at the very beginning hesitant about battery longevity.
The current misleading range and expected life, do nothing to inspire confidence. Just save $20k for year eight.

More lost of freedom I guess. But it probably doesn't matter as once they banned has cars app electric cars will be connected to the manufacturers, so they can perform a remote shut down.
This is a bit more balanced than the Daily Caller:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvqdJRpELSg

Last edited: