James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

I've been wondering, what are the little holes in the walls for?

They're window panels, to let a bit of extra natural light in.

And if it's a yellow one you're looking at, there's a good chance I made it ;) - and i already didn't like yellow before i started on them! :p

When i went to ;ut my jeans in the wash tonight i found 15 pieces of Lego in my pocket that I'd been intending to use on Sunday - whoops!

Update from the Denbies Wine Estate website, posted today:

Lego House build gaining pace!
The roof is now being put in place and we can confirm that the house will be here for the coming weekend. It the weather remains fine, do come and visit as it really is an incredible feat! Surrey Life came for a visit on Saturday and have posted some good pics on their facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Surrey-Life/24941364298

Well we thought we'd nearly finished it, but then an extremely dashing chap whose hair was left delightfully tousled by his convertible[1] turned up and started making demands, so we'll be busy again tomorrow. ;)
I had to leave site early today, so I best go get on with my homework.

[1] Edited due to being told off for the previous phrase.

Last edited:
Well we thought we'd nearly finished it, but then some long-haired git turned up and started making demands...

Don't suppose he was wearing an unfortunately patterned shirt? :p

Nope. 'Keep calm and carry on'. I'm fairly sure it's a different colour to the last time I saw him with that on a shirt though. But I might be thinking of a friend's Emergency Coffee mug.

Nope. 'Keep calm and carry on'. I'm fairly sure it's a different colour to the last time I saw him with that on a shirt though. But I might be thinking of a friend's Emergency Coffee mug.

Maybe he has more than one? I sometimes think the reason all his clothes appear to last so long is he secretly buys them in multiple. LindenChase will know about the tshirt colors though, likely with photographic documentation. She's kind of the walking clothing encyclopedia.

So the shirt wasn't red? (That's the only colour t-shirt with that slogan I've seen James wear.)

thats it tomorrow i am wearing something a little more sarcastic ... a few days off and he shows up when i am not there after all the bloody work gggggrrrrr

No, it wasn't, but I can't remember what colour it was. I think Gabrielle took a photo on her phone of him with the LPEPower engine.

Maybe he'll be in tomorrow as well. We're very nearly finished now. Well, we *were* anyway.

Maybe he has more than one? (...) LindenChase will know about the tshirt colors though, likely with photographic documentation. She's kind of the walking clothing encyclopedia.

He has red one and a blue one. :cool: