James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

Ooh it seems that fusker isn't all that's been taken - that first picture I tweeted earlier has turned up on the TopGear.com blog, the facebook group *and* the BBC News site. I assume they got it from here. Nice of you to ask me, chaps! It's not like you couldn't have DM'd me on twitter, the phone was in my pocket all day.

Grrr.

I hope Lego!Fusker gets found.

There was a little filming, yes, but not much. I took a buttload of pictures, but I'm not putting them up anywhere generally accessible. If Auntie Beeb wants my hi-res pictures, she can ask nicely.

There was a little filming, yes, but not much. I took a buttload of pictures, but I'm not putting them up anywhere generally accessible. If Auntie Beeb wants my hi-res pictures, she can ask nicely.

Yes, given that the Beeb guards its TG stuff very jealously, and is always getting stuff removed from 'Oohtube' it's rather hypocritical to nick HeidiL's pics and not give photo credit.

I really hope Vic is able to get the flag out relatively undamaged, I have an unhealthy attachment to that thing, it cost me some time, grey hairs and brain cells!

Hope Heinz is ok today! ;)

I'm not sure Vic will bother with nobody there to keep an eye on him! The timber in it will make it a git of a job. The lego alone is pretty heavy, but then you've got the wood as well. Given a chisel and a bit of time I could get it into sections that could be lifted off the wood, but you know how fragile it is in places, so it'd assume it'd still need repair. Maybe I should badger Dad to take me back there...
Heinz has been delivered to the garage, and I'm a lot happier having spoken to them. There's no young lad who'll never have seen a carburettor and when I gave the symptoms, the on-the-spot diagnosis without looking at it was exactly what I think it is. They also said they'd have a look at the exhaust to see if they could stop it squeaking after Central Tyre botched it, so hopefully on the way home my drive will be a lot quieter. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...9131/James-Mays-Lego-house-is-demolished.html

dismantle-roof_1486827i.jpg

Sure looks like Heidi to me! She gets out of every single picture for a month and ends up posing for the DAILY MAIL? Oh dear me. :p

I sense a great deal of hidden politics and sour grapes in this project right now. I wonder if we'll ever get down to the bare bones truth of the matter. I doubt it. As I think about it, it isn't even important. The project was about toys, not whining.

Last edited:
Well the sour grapes so far haven't been on the part of any of the volunteers, but I can see that changing fast if it turns out we were lied to.

Or maybe some rookie editor from BBC Surrey simply got his or her facts wrong? ;)

Last edited:
Always a possibility. However, we've been getting a few 'ask three people the same question and get four different answers' situations and that gets really quite wearing after a while.

What about this.

You can go on eBay and get yourself Lego toothpaste with a matching Lego
toothbrush

I guess these people are entitled to do so, but I still wonder how James and the good people of Plum feel about this? :|