James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

So what time is the show airing today? I need to download it of course, and I'd love to get it started before I head off to work in an hour. It'd be a nice thing to watch with mum when I get home tonight.

For those of us in the UK, James was just on BBC breakfast talking about the series, unfortunately I am away from home locuming so couldn't record/upload it but hopefully someone will do it for y'all

BTW The BFS (Blue Flowery Shirt for those not in the know :p) made yet another TV appearance - it is looking dangerously faded and threadbare now. I'm not sure that James can cope with its eventual demise (see intro to "Car Fever") ;)

I have not read Car Fever yet because I have to wait for Christmas, but the BFS is my favorite too.

It looks good on him and I really like the fit. I will be sad to see it go, but he has worn it on every other thing he has done for the last 4 years, so how long can it last?

I was just cleaning up my harddrive to make room for this. I really need an external HDD. I thought I had put TG series 13 on dvd already, but can't find it. I burned then in the crappiest order ever (what was I thinking!!) and am now frustrating myself. Bah.

Absolutely brilliant.

I now have a very large craving to go out and make some more Airfix. It's been a long time since my last one. :p

When can we (rest of the world) get the torrents??

I did mean to post this on sunday, when I got the Sunday Times. But I only got round to installing a scanner onto my new pc today.

The Sunday Times provide a very good TV listings thingy. They have a Pick of the Week, and what do you think they made their Pick of the Week?
Yup, James May:
http://img163.imageshack.**/img163/8273/week.jpg

In addition, every day, they single out a few programmes to have their own review. The greatest amongst these is the Critics Choice. What do you think they made their Critics Choice?
Yup, right again:
http://img39.imageshack.**/img39/499/daym.jpg

I now have a very large craving to go out and make some more Airfix.
I Know!

Some time ago I was thinking of Airfix to help me cut down on smoking. But now I am Definitely going to make the Spitfire. It shall sit on my TV.

Hmm... apologies for the massive pics, I sort of thought they'd be smaller.

And please don't complain about being on dial-up, I Uploaded them on dial-up.

This ends this apology.

Thankyou

I've been back into airfix for a year or so now (well, mostly Revell it seems) - i've been in that shop where they blurred out the guys faces, as it's next to where the wife used to work!

Excellent program, hope some of the kids carry it on. I built dozens of the things when I was their age... :)

What a wonderful start of the series. I love how he interacts with those kids. He would be such a great teacher. :)

Really good show. (no spoilers from me, until everyone has had a chance to see it.)
:)

When can we (rest of the world) get the torrents??

Still nothing on Mininova. Like many, I'm not so sure about registering for torrents.

Hmm... apologies for the massive pics, I sort of thought they'd be smaller.

They're fine. You couldn't read them much smaller. Thanks for scanning.

I have been downoading from the box for quite a few years now, and I have never seen a download go so slowly. But to be fair, when I leeched on there were 208 leechers and now there are over 600 and still only one seed. I expect when more people go into seed mode speed will hopefully pick up. Can't wait. Planning to sit down to a nice supper and watch it. Only ~3 more hours to go.

The-Box is worth registering for...it has almost-literally every single British program under the sun. I have some invites if you want; PM for details.

Thanks for the link to the torrent. Although, I have to admit I was kind of hoping (actually I was pretty sure) the same people who record and upload TG would do the same with this new James May series.

If I can just interrupt the downloadists for a moment, I should say that the first episode was fantastic! Well-paced with a marvellous structure.

Watch it.

Watch the next one too!
(The next one's the plasticine garden)

^^ how do invites on these sites differ from regular registrations? I've never been able to figure it out except with one site where the user amount is limited and the main way you can get in is via invite. I'm registered on there now and dling it- 5 kbps max speed so far... joy.

Generally download speeds are far superior to public trackers, but there are restrictions on new users such as a waiting period before you can grab new torrents until you either maintain some good ratio or upload a certain amount. The uploads can be from other torrents you've previously downloaded, and some trackers have other rules on top of these.

EDIT: I just got James May's Toy Stories (465 MB) in a little over an hour and 11 minutes, so the speed is there, even on the first day of release.

Last edited: