James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

There are loads of pics of the unveiling of the Meccano bridge in Liverpool yesterday. Here are some I liked:

22126064.jpg

3802347056_c83c3d636e.jpg

P1000018.jpg

That's a whole load of Meccano! :D

Last edited:
Is it vertigo he has (dizziness), or is it acrophobia/aeroacrophobia (fear of heights/open high places)? I can't even go up a ladder and would be rooted to the spot in terror if I attempted to do what James has done in Liverpool.

Is it vertigo he has (dizziness), or is it acrophobia/aeroacrophobia (fear of heights/open high places)? I can't even go up a ladder and would be rooted to the spot in terror if I attempted to do what James has done in Liverpool.

he said vertigo in "Big Ideas" - amazing when you think how far up he went for
"On the Moon" ;)

here is a question i've been asking myself for quite some time
when is this awesome show going to air?!?

since top gear is on a break i've got nothing to look forward to except james may's shows :(
and what about that garden he made out of play doe? did that air already? is it a part of this show? a part from another show?..

Last edited:
We think it's supposed to air sometime in or around October, but I don't believe there's been an official announcement. The plastacine garden bit was an episode of this series. There are two more segments still to film, Scaletrix and model trains (plus the conclusion of the Lego house).

here is a question i've been asking myself for quite some time
when is this awesome show going to air?!?

since top gear is on a break i've got nothing to look forward to except james may's shows :(
and what about that garden he made out of play doe? did that air already? is it a part of this show? a part from another show?..

Well, the book of the show James May's Toy Stories is scheduled for October 5 and the dvd for November 30. It's likely the series will start shortly before or after October 5 then.

There are going to be six 60 minute episodes featuring Mecanno, Plasticine, Airfix, Lego, Scalextric and Hornby trainstuff. He has only finished the first three so far, so he'll be bussy the next few weeks. ;)

Last edited:
he said vertigo in "Big Ideas" - amazing when you think how far up he went for
"On the Moon" ;)
Doesn't that French guy who climbs stuff have vertigo too?
I remember an interview with him and he said he's fine as long as he has somewhere to grab on he can get his bearings.

Do you remember what he looked liked on the ski jump in the winter Olympics barf:

I know, it was mean they made him try to do the marking, but I still :roflmao: when he slid down still trying to spray...i am a bad person ;)

^ don't worry, I lol'ed majorly too :D

Have yet to watch Big Ideas, may have to wait until September to so as to not clash with exam study...

yeah, like that's gonna stop me :(

You where not the only one:mrgreen:
After the Scalextric is there just the train to go?

Yup, but still don't know when he'll be staying in the Lego house - or do we Ms Chase? ;)

Well i might, even though it means being a "Scott Nomates" again because they're all too far away to come.:(
Have had the museum on my "to do" list for some time, dunno how much i'll get to see with the hordes of people that will be there.

Yup, but still don't know when he'll be staying in the Lego house - or do we Ms Chase? ;)

Well.....

I've found out that the proper building of the house will commence next week.
So, I won't be packing my overnight bag just yet. ;)

Virginia_Rogers-wheatley_B.jpg

Link!

Last edited: