James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

I think the reporter might have taken him too serious about the ship building though. We all know he's rubbish at doing that. :grin:

Do Not Get Us Started On Waterproofing. Seriously. Still, at least superglue comes off of its own accord in a couple of days...

if we couldnt make a waterproof cup how the hell does he expect us to make a ship.... come on James let us recover from lego dreams before you give us more lego nightmare

if we couldnt make a waterproof cup how the hell does he expect us to make a ship.... come on James let us recover from lego dreams before you give us more lego nightmare

"Coming up after Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, May's Lego Nightmares!"

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:Love the cameos, this show is going to be amazing.

Am I the ony person that wants a James May action figure with blue flowery shirt for my mantle?

I think there are many ladies who'd want a James May "action figure".

It?s going to be awesome!!
Looks better than I expected

Thanks HeidiL, great find!

God, this looks brill!

Any word yet on an air date?

29 October. :)

Aww, James loves Joanna Lumley, although she herself looked flustered by his attention as well. :p

Glad to see the wonderful Mr Fry making an appearance as well.

Last edited:
Thanks HeidiL, great find!

29 October. :)

Aww, James loves Joanna Lumley, although she herself looked flustered by his attention as well. :p

Glad to see the wonderful Mr Fry making an appearance as well.

It was Lesley who found it, actually, I'm just reposting...
The Lumley thing seems to be common to chaps of a certain age. Himself's reaction was "I know that voice... yay Purdey!" Personally, I prefer Fry with his big sexy brain. :lol:

I can't get over how emotional seeing the trailer made me feel. When we were a bunch of people swearing in a studio in Twickenham as yet another vital bit of Plasticine collapsed, melted or met a disastrously squashy end beneath a misplaced piece of kit, it all seemed so nebulous. It was hard to believe we'd ever have a garden let alone a series! But it eventually came together, and since then I've felt like I've been cheering on 'Team Toy Stories' from the sidelines with every project.

Seeing it all together at last, though... phew! It's just staggering. To do any one of those projects would have been amazing, but the series is more than the sum of its parts, if the trailer is anything to go by. I'm actually a bit choked up at the thought that I was a part of all that.

Quite. For me it made a change just to actually get to finish something - I was very tempted to put in a bulk order for thinkgeek's 'I never finish anyth' shirts when I was still working development - but getting a glimpse of the 'final product', and starting to really see the bigger picture, and not just the one thing I worked on, is pretty amazing. Plus, I just got a phone call from my last 'proper' temp job, and they've got me short-listed for a perm job there, so everything's going rather spiffingly for me at the moment.
On the other hand, that probably means I'll be won't be able to make the viewing party for the lego episode, and will instead have to face teasing from coworkers about it. Still, even if I'm not edited out, it can't possibly be worse than the last time I was on TV, as this time I wasn't doing the macarena in an original series Star Trek costume...

I'm spreading the good news and put the video on YouTube. :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV3d7hcvhTw[/YOUTUBE]

Hope the job works out for you HeidiL! Is there any footage of your last tv appearance by any chance?

Hope the job works out for you HeidiL! Is there any footage of your last tv appearance by any chance?

Gawd, I hope not! There's enough embarrassing stuff just with my costume pictures.
In my defence, it was back when I was a teenager and I had no idea there was a camera there because I didn't have my glasses on. I never saw the show myself, as it went out more-or-less live, but my bosses got weeks worth of teasing out of it.

Looks like the airdate will actually be Tuesday 27th October at 8 pm. First show - Airfix. Source: Radio Times website

Looks like the airdate will actually be Tuesday 27th October at 8 pm. First show - Airfix. Source: Radio Times website

Bah, if it's tuesdays then I'd have to take two days off to go to the lego showing party, unless this lot really drag their feet or decide to employ someone else, so it looks like I'm not going to be able to go. Pants.

Definitely starts Oct 27th

James May's Toy Stories
Tuesday 27 October
8.00-9.00pm BBC TWO

James May sets out to prove that traditional toys are still relevant today when he pushes them to the limit in spectacular, supersize challenges. From a full-size Lego house to a bridge made completely of Meccano, he shows just what extremes toys can be pushed to.

In the first of six programmes, James takes model airplanes to a whole new level when he tries to build and paint a life-size Spitfire out of Airfix, over the course of 3 days at the RAF Museum Cosford. But the venture soon hits problems when it becomes clear that the giant 36-foot pieces may not be strong enough, and nobody knows how they will fit together.

James hopes he can enthuse a group of reluctant teenagers to help him pull it off ? but he soon realises he has another big battle on his hands convincing them that this is a hobby to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2009/wk43/tue.shtml#tue_james_may