James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

Clip is UK only. :cry:

*goes off to search for UK proxy*

Edit: found it and watched the clip. Aww, James has no idea who Beyonce is. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Auntie Beeb has posted a short clip from the first episode ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p004vhc3

Here is another UK-only clip. We get to meet James's dad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p004vhk8

Figuur1.jpg

Last edited:
*goes off to search for UK proxy*
I wish I was as clever as the rest of you with computers, maybe then I could figure out why mine plays some clips eg BBC ones then when I try to watch the Hattrick one or stuff on Topgear.com it says i don't have javascript or flash enabled or something - bloody stupid machines! :mad:

Edit: found it and watched the clip. Aww, James has no idea who Beyonce is. :mrgreen:

I suspect he was being deliberately obtuse, like calling it "the electric interweb" or "facetube" when he knows perfectly well what they're called :p

I'm thinking of contacting the Beeb to try and get an air date for the last 2 eps, esp Lego of course! ;)

Went out & bought "Radio Times" today am stoked that Lego Fusker got his picture in the article - his memory lives on
*salutes ell_sea_kay*

EDIT Gabrielle Churchill has just informed us Lego builders that James is doing the book signing in Selfridges on 9th November v v v excited! :D
Will have just seen James the night before at TG Live, my cup will runneth over!

Last edited:
I got an email from Plum earlier, they don't seem to know when the 'christmas specials' are on yet, either.

I got an email from Plum earlier, they don't seem to know when the 'christmas specials' are on yet, either.

There's a shock..;)

There's a running order though, even if the dates aren't finalised, it goes:

Airfix, Plasticene, Meccano, Scalextric, Hornby Railway, Lego.

Source: my work colleague's listings mag - can't remember which one it was

Indeed, what I got from Plum said:

AIRFIX Tuesday 27 October
PLASTICINE Tuesday 3 November
MECCANO Tuesday 10 November
SCALEXTRIC Tuesday 17 November
HORNBY & LEGO Christmas Specials - transmission dates for these episodes are still to be confirmed.

I suspect he was being deliberately obtuse, like calling it "the electric interweb" or "facetube" when he knows perfectly well what they're called :p

Indeed, it's something I've done myself when confronted with disturbingly young people. My favourite one was playing Mud when one of them asked me to put Puddle of Mudd on the office jukebox. Poor thing was earwormed with 'Tiger Feet' for the rest of the day. :)

I am unable to watch the videos because my UK proxy is not acting right, but is James's dad really Hammond size? (as it seems in the picture)

Proxies are not working for me either. Any UK members able to give a hand and upload these somewhere?

For those of us in the UK, James was just on BBC breakfast talking about the series, unfortunately I am away from home locuming so couldn't record/upload it but hopefully someone will do it for y'all

BTW The BFS (Blue Flowery Shirt for those not in the know :p) made yet another TV appearance - it is looking dangerously faded and threadbare now. I'm not sure that James can cope with its eventual demise (see intro to "Car Fever") ;)

Last edited:
Is this one?

Attachments

• jamesm.JPG
    jamesm.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 72
Yup that's it! :D

BTW The BFS (Blue Flowery Shirt for those not in the know :p) made yet another TV appearance - it is looking dangerously faded and threadbare now.

I think that's how he likes them. Just like my son...

Someday soon, one of the posters here will have to go drag it off his body and give it a decent burial. :p

*prepares to be mowed down by other posters* :lol: