James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

I was watching an episode of old(er) TG and found the backdrop of this shot strangely familiar lol

http://img444.imageshack.**/img444/5793/topgear05x0520041121vfu.jpg

^LOL! Good catch!

Any more news on the engine? I was hoping to see it in some panoramic shot, hiding in some dark corner or something, but alas.... :(

I was watching an episode of old(er) TG and found the backdrop of this shot strangely familiar lol

http://img444.imageshack.**/img444/5793/topgear05x0520041121vfu.jpg

DUDE! I never noticed that before...and I just (re)watched 5x05 recently! Nicely spotted. :nod:

Now that I've watched it again, I just have one question:

Who put the pink brick in there? :lol::lol::lol:

I was going to wait until Christmas to watch the Hornby ep; but I couldn't. Very bittersweet, that one.

Now that I've watched it again, I just have one question:

Who put the pink brick in there? :lol::lol::lol:

Noone HeidiL and I know, or they'd not be amongst the living now...

I have no idea what he's written on mine, handwriting like that he should have been a doctor.
Icebone - Sara ran me in to Halfords to get a cheap compressor so I could demonstrate it working, and everyone who saw the engine was very impressed with it. Vic threatened to nick it.
Christina wanted to take it away so it could be used as a housewarming gift - presumably from Tiff - but I had visions of it disappearing without James ever seeing it, so I handed it to him in person. Christina did appear and complain, and I said to James that now he had it, it was up to him what he did with it. Going by the scene early in season 14 where they look in the backs of their cars, what he chose to do with it was stick it in the boot of the panda to take home. Unfortunately all that's seen is the blue wrapping paper I'd put on it.

Any more news on the engine? I was hoping to see it in some panoramic shot, hiding in some dark corner or something, but alas.... :(

here it is...(Sara's pic).
DSC08148.JPG

i can't help but be really impressed by James' reaction when Christina starts to well up in the Lego House, any other bloke would have given her a slap on the back and said "oi love, stop bawling, lets go and down the boozer." yet james' reaction was one mixed with nerves and comedy, i doubt i'd have been able to come up with anything that funny.

I'm currently watching the Lego episode now and I'm keeping an eye out for HeidiL (who is to me a fellow fantastically geeky northerner) and OzGirl (who I thought looked cute when stood next to James in the photo I seen a while back, provided I haven't got confused with somebody else in my advancing years...but more to the point has provided much May news which fed my addiction! :D).

Also, inspired by James May, Star Trek (primarily TOS, TNG & DS9), my rebellion against the state, HeidiL, my own moral code and just to put the spokes in the wheels of society that dictates what a girl apparently "should have is all pink and fluffy"...I bought Meccano starter kits for my friend's two daughters for Christmas :D (Rebel! Rebel I say!! You have nothing to lose but your cheaply made dolls! :D )

Anyway, back to the show and keeping an eye out!

Regards,

Yickle!

Last edited:
^ That's excellent! :)

I'm currently watching the Lego episode now and I'm keeping an eye out for HeidiL (who is to me a fellow fantastically geeky northerner) and OzGirl (who I thought looked cute when stood next to James in the photo I seen a while back, provided I haven't got confused with somebody else in my advancing years...but more to the point has provided much May news which fed my addiction! :D).

Also, inspired by James May, Star Trek (primarily TOS, TNG & DS9), my rebellion against the state, HeidiL, my own moral code and just to put the spokes in the wheels of society that dictates what a girl apparently "should have is all pink and fluffy"...I bought Meccano starter kits for my friend's two daughters for Christmas :D (Rebel! Rebel I say!! You have nothing to lose but your cheaply made dolls! :D )

Anyway, back to the show and keeping an eye out!

Regards,

Yickle!

Very kind, but I think you definitely have me mixed up with someone else.

Well done on the Meccano kits, I had to wait til James' Toy Fair to get my first one! The helicopter now sits on my windowsill, along with the black Fiat Panda ell_sea_kay got me :D

Best bits for me:
Groovin' To Mr Bloe playing half way through, HeidiL (don't worry, I forgot to mention that I know you've got a boyfriend :D ), Oz Clarke, OZGIRL!, seeing a selection of people who'd helped James previously getting rewarded with an experience which will more than likely won't happen again for a very long time, James himself oh and did I mention Oz Clarke? :D

Ultimately the best bit for me of all time was
when the lego bricks arrived, the way HeidiL got her box of bricks...it looked to me just like "MINE! Rrrrrrrrr!" and made me laugh :D top marks there :) a close second was when Christina started to breakdown...aww...wanted to give her a hug! Third was Oz's "Ooh! CHARDONNAY! :D" bit :)

I must admit, I could tell the furniture wasn't sound, I've built enough giant Thunderbird 1's/2's and 3's with lego when I was younger to know, its only just occurred to me now though as I type this, that they were more than likely - near as makes no difference - studio size...

And OzGirl: quite possibly I have you mixed up (LindenChase perhaps?), although I do still think you've given out links to James May related news (and in turn, giving me my fix :p) and I never got around to plus repping you or acknowledging this 'til now. So thank you anyway :)

Regards,

Yickle!

P.S. Can anyone tell that I'm extremely happy at the moment? Just curious about that... :p

Additional for OzGirl, aye I seen the full version of your profile's photo, and I do believe y'all were named and shamed too :p. And btw, didn't you manage to get James on his own-ish at some point for a photo?

Last edited:
Best bits for me:
Groovin' To Mr Bloe playing half way through, HeidiL (don't worry, I forgot to mention that I know you've got a boyfriend :D ), Oz Clarke, OZGIRL!, seeing a selection of people who'd helped James previously getting rewarded with an experience which will more than likely won't happen again for a very long time, James himself oh and did I mention Oz Clarke? :D

Excellently done on the meccano kits, just what I would have wanted. A lot of mine was far-east knock-off hand-me-downs from cousins that didn't stay together very well. People still insisted on buying me pink stuff as well, though. As for the boyfriend... I don't do monogamy. Realised I was spectacularly bad at it.

I don't do monogamy. Realised I was spectacularly bad at it.

You're not the only one in that regard....*raises his hand* still, when I found out a few months ago your IT knowledge ("a fellow geek thats a blonde bombshell who lives just up the road! Awesome!") that you use Ubuntu made me then think "I've been out-geeked! Awesome!" thumbs up from me!

Moving on slightly though, yeah the Meccano kits are part of it however I'm also showing them DOS games from when I was their age (and younger) and watching them struggle with the keyboard :D awww! Bless their hearts!

I can't wait to see them try and use the mouse and keyboard at the same time now...or for them to see their faces later today :)

Eeee! I'll make a great dad in my own right one day! "Look kids, this is an Airfix kit..." :D

Regards,

Yickle!

And OzGirl: quite possibly I have you mixed up (LindenChase perhaps?), although I do still think you've given out links to James May related news (and in turn, giving me my fix :p) and I never got around to plus repping you or acknowledging this 'til now. So thank you anyway :)

You're welcome :wave:

P.S. Can anyone tell that I'm extremely happy at the moment? Just curious about that... :p

Additional for OzGirl, aye I seen the full version of your profile's photo, and I do believe y'all were named and shamed too :p. And btw, didn't you manage to get James on his own-ish at some point for a photo?

Yes I have. Twice! :D But only because he's a nice man who doesn't tell sad fangirls to sod off!

On another note:
Should we book a room for you & HeidiL? ;)