James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

We'll see how long it is before the local kids succeed in knocking it down on top of themselves... they've been kicking holes in it from the inside, which I repair as soon as they've gone, but sooner or later they're going to make more than a token effort, and get a very heavy surprise.

Hi Heidi,
When you say a heavy surprise, do you mean the weight of the snow, or is there some form or framework? If not, might I suggest poison tipped punji sticks embedded in the walls? We built a 'snow whale' in the front garden. Once finished, we came in for a warm and to get the camera when we soon heard a rapid series of thuds; looked out and just saw hooded kids running up the road and the snow whale was no more. Any revenge however geographically remote would be served at a appropriate temperature.

Well the blocks weigh about 2 stone each, so... kicking from the inside probably isn't the brightest thing ever.

Not really related, but I've been involved in another building project - The Horwich Igloo

Chap from a few doors down started it with his little girl, she got bored, the grown-ups didn't. :)

So you've become a Northerner again?

See here for posting news pictures to the BBC. Great project - wonder if JM has thought of a seasonal special - James May's Snow Stories?
Keep warm!

I?ve just come round to watch the first two episodes ... and I?m totally in love with the format/program ... propperly brilliant stuff so far.

Right.
I have the house to myself for 24 hours, so no-one will hear the swearing or see the tears of frustration at my own inadequacies. (Gee, that sounds like my working day ;)). It's time. Time to unleash the beast that lurks in the top of the wardrobe. I'm going to build my Airfix Supermarine Spitfire Mk I.

So far I've (thanks to the Toy Fair) made some plasticine flowers, built a Meccano helicopter and raced Scalextric for the first time. I even got to be the Aston Martin:D, and discovered my hand-eye co-ordination is great for surgery, but needs practice for racing toy cars. I still wasn't allowed to touch the train sets though *sigh*
And of course there was the highlight of my year the Lego House Build (note capitals for joy).

So, here goes. I'm just going outside, I may be some time.....

Last edited:
^ :lol:, good luck Sqn. Leader Ozgirl, give ?em hell!

Note: Make sure that the propeller turns and the undercart goes up & down when finished.

Oh, and post pics when etc. :)

Right.
I have the house to myself for 24 hours, so no-one will hear the swearing or see the tears of frustration at my own inadequacies. (Gee, that sounds like my working day ;)). It's time. Time to unleash the beast that lurks in the top of the wardrobe. I'm going to build my Airfix Supermarine Spitfire Mk I.

I've actually ordered one of those myself online.

I'll post pics if and when I ever finish it. :)

Does anyone have episode 6? I can't see it on the FTP.

I do. But I'm not sure how to send it to you.

Hang on....

Can you use E-Mule? It's on there:

ed2k://|file|James.May.Toy.Stories.S01E06.Hornby.DVDRip.XviD-KAREEM.[sharethefiles.com].avi|733663232|06C51F6AD3E7D19D4614C3103B23FFA0|/

Last edited:
My box account has been disabled
Does anyone have an invitation?

All the 6 episodes are on TechZ's ftp under HostShows/James May.

Last edited: