New little FIAT = hawtness

looks like a cross between a toyota and a focus.

I didn't think many American member would like it, still remains to be seen, but I just thought it was damn sexy 8)

Looks Cool.

But th Six wheel sports car on that site looks weird ! Whats the point of six wheels > Maximum Wheel-Road Contact or somethin ?

http://img114.imageshack.**/img114/6545/untitled1qr.png

Nah, I think it would increase weight, maybe handle better, thinking of it....no it won't Maybe just becuase you can have 6 wheels?

That Fiat looks good. I like it. Wouldn't mind having one.

zenkidori said:
That looks pretty lame IMO.

Yeah...I agree.

and that 6 wheel sports car, I dunno. I wonder what the engine layout is.

The engine is most definitely behind the driver, I don't know if its possible to have 6-wheel drive....

jayjaya29 said:
Nah, I think it would increase weight, maybe handle better, thinking of it....no it won't Maybe just becuase you can have 6 wheels?

you get rid of understeer with dubbel front wheels

and that car should have been the new corsa or sth, looks great! but it's a fiat :(

Makes me think Maserati and Ferrari Spaghetti when I see it.

Definately classy for a small car!

its actaully quite nice.....a lil ricing and uve got a really hawt car

Renesis said:
Makes me think Maserati and Ferrari Spaghetti when I see it.

Definately classy for a small car!

That is such a lame joke but still I laughed :lol:

Of course it's possible to have six-wheel drive, there are military vehicles which are ten-wheel drive.

All starts to get rather heavy and complex after the second axle though.

There have been two 'styles' to 6 wheeled formula 1 cars. The Tyrrells with their four front wheels, and the Marches with their four rear wheels. The object behind the Tyrrel was that you have double the grip on the front since you have double the amount of tyre in contact with the ground. It worked, and basically kicked butt in any GP it ran in, until the F1 crowd decided to change the rules to ban them.

The idea behind the four rear wheels on the March six-wheeler was slightly different. Back in those days, the difference in size between the front and rear wheels was much more pronounced than today, which is saying something. They decided that if you had four smaller wheels at the back, you would get as much, if not more grip to put the power onto the track, and at the same time drastically reducing the frontal cross-section, and thus drag. It never raced due to the changing of the rules.

F1 is known to change rules midstream to ban innovative though. Take, for example, the car that used basically a vacuum system to 'hug' the track. It raced once, and won, then got banned.

hf_ci_tyrrel34.jpg

march-240.jpg

And just to show not just the Europeans were at it, here's one from Indianapolis, 1957.
57indy19.jpg

NTM