• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

New Member (have mercy)

Saturn

Hey, Saad here,

Location: Islamabad, Pakistan (or more importantly in an apartment complex where other people have Audi TT's, RX-8's and BMW 6 Series'...there is no God) :p

Just became a member and gotta say that i love the site and the idea. Been collecting TG seasons for a few years now. It's ironic though; that getting more TG episodes is what brought me here, and there's some cease & desist letter from BBC. (i repeat, there is no God) :p

Adios.

Nice to know about the cars in your apartment complex but what sort of car have you got?

Welcome btw!

nope, not a Saturn. They dont sell those here (should i be upset about that?...honest question). As for what i drive; its a *ahem* Mitsubishi Galant VR.

P.S. Thanks for the...um...warm welcome :thumbsup:

jensked said:
Definately not unhappy with the lack of Saturn cars here :?

as far as the correlation between coolness and having images at the bottom of posts is concerned... (a) i just joined so coolness comes later (b) im not cool (c) i dont know how to put images anywhere :unsure:

Renesis said:
:welcome:

now go steal one of your neighbor's RX-8! 8)
I'd have to kill him too cause, there are only 5 or 6 RX-8's in this city, but the one youre aasking me to steal is BRIGHT RED with all the buttons in Japanese! I wish i could say he has no taste, but he DOES have an RX-8 :roll:

On a serious note though; since you seem to be the authority on Rotary Engine Cars...i have a question: There's this dealer selling a second-hand RX-8 and a RX-7...which should i seriously consider?

Depends what you're after, if it's pure performance, definately go for a RX-7, if you want something that's a good compromise, go with the RX-7.

A very good and well maintained recent RX-7 won't be that cheaper than a used 1 year old RX-8...

If you do get a RX-7, don't get a modded one, too many chances that it's been tuned up badly or that it cooked the turbos.

For reliability the RX-8 is better, but a satock RX-7 really isn't bad either.

BTW, what's the problem with bright red? Do you mean Velocity Red or it's an aftermarket paint?

Renesis said:
Depends what you're after, if it's pure performance, definately go for a RX-7, if you want something that's a good compromise, go with the RX-7.

Performance and compromise? That must be a magical car. :p :lol:

BTW: :welcome:

Welcome Saturn :wave:

Renesis said:

A very good and well maintained recent RX-7 won't be that cheaper than a used 1 year old RX-8...

If you do get a RX-7, don't get a modded one, too many chances that it's been tuned up badly or that it cooked the turbos.

For reliability the RX-8 is better, but a satock RX-7 really isn't bad either.

BTW, what's the problem with bright red? Do you mean Velocity Red or it's an aftermarket paint?

It's aftermarket paint and its kinda cherry red and pink...yekh :?

I agree with the performance point of the RX-7 that you made...but like you pointed out; its a bit old but in really good nick. however, it's engine has been worked upon.

Where im confused is that a friend who does have an RX-8 says that its performance is amazing when it comes to "going crazy". he claims RX-7 is only good if i wanna go in straight lines over roads that have NO speedbreakers/bumps.

comments?

P.S. The RX-8 is in silver and looks much beter than the slightly faded dark green of the RX-7.

RX-8 is very good performance wise, it's not that heavy either, but if you want to get really serious, just upgrade the stock tires to something stickier and maybe do some suspension work.

The stock suspension is alright, offers great grip while maintaining a very impressive level of confort, but if you want to auto-x you might want to sacrify some confort.

Now about the RX-7, I don't know but I thought it was a little better, but I don't know it a lot so I can't help you much there.

Renesis said:
RX-8 is very good performance wise, it's not that heavy either, but if you want to get really serious, just upgrade the stock tires to something stickier and maybe do some suspension work.

The stock suspension is alright, offers great grip while maintaining a very impressive level of confort, but if you want to auto-x you might want to sacrify some confort.

Now about the RX-7, I don't know but I thought it was a little better, but I don't know it a lot so I can't help you much there.
alrighty...thanks :D think i'll take another look at the RX-8 then. :thumbsup:

Nogger said:
isn't Pakistan a third world country? You guys should travel by camel, not by car ;)

i'd ride my camel, but i dont think he'd quite like the idea of me forcing a V8 down its bung-hole. hence we tend to stick with cars, for hygenic reasons only though. And, being a 'terrorist state' that we are, we cant very well strap bombs on our camels and blow them up...they have feelings you know. (how far back did i cross the 'politically correct' line??)

as for the third world country bit... :lol: ...you wouldnt believe how cheap things here are (long and very boring topic for you i'd imagine) except for cars which are taxed upto 300%...so we get a honda civic for the price you'd get a BMW M5 (and this time im not exaggerating). :cry:

cheers.