Rumour Mill: New Mercedes-Benz A-Class and B-Class (2011) and BLK (2012)

Did MB nick the back end of that new A-Class from the RX8? :p

So in other words ... GO BUY AN A-CLASS NOW BEFORE IT?S RUINED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the current A-class ... it?s a clever little car that looks well and (mk2) has a good quality. Ok, BMW will prob be selling a lot more 1series than Mercedes sells A-class Cars ... but the A-class is a good car (for what it?s supposed to be - a practical, versitile small car that?s NOT a Golf-copy), and I think it will be missed in the market when it?s replaced with another Golf-copy.

edit: just looked it up and mercedes sold 2.2 million A-classes in 10 years (1997-2007) ... that can?t be too bad, can it? Why drop the concept when the sales are that good?

Last edited:
nuova_mercedes_classeB01_big.jpg

I doubt it will look like that for the B-Class, cause who wants to look down to view on the Satnav? And on the Otherhand its not really modern, and Righthanddrive conversions would be more expensive.

But otherwise they're nice looking cars and finally they got rid of that Baby-Trolly-Design Microvan, it wasnt really nice. :)

So in other words ... GO BUY AN A-CLASS NOW BEFORE IT?S RUINED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the current A-class ... it?s a clever little car that looks well and (mk2) has a good quality. Ok, BMW will prob be selling a lot more 1series than Mercedes sells A-class Cars ... but the A-class is a good car (for what it?s supposed to be - a practical, versitile small car that?s NOT a Golf-copy), and I think it will be missed in the market when it?s replaced with another Golf-copy.

edit: just looked it up and mercedes sold 2.2 million A-classes in 10 years (1997-2007) ... that can?t be too bad, can it? Why drop the concept when the sales are that good?

Rumor has it that the 4-door will remain sandwichy and boxy like the current gen. So effectively there'll be two different A-Classes: a mini-minivan-ish 4-door for when you take granny shopping and a sporty 3-door for when you don't. Best of both worlds, I say.

I'm glad the A-Class doesn't look so awkward and dumpy any more. I never really understood the fact the A-Class was tall like an MPV, and then the B-Class was the same but only a bit bigger.

Inb4 an ALK-Class or something MPV crossover 6 seater thing to bridge the enormous gap between these two models.

Seeing as the Scenic is basically a tall Megane, I wouldn't say theres room between them for an extra model.

It looks like a Mini Van.

Will it be RWD? If no, then there wouldn't be any reason not to buy a Golf instead.

Don't like the BLK

never liked the A and B class but these do look promising

If the A-Class will get a AMG tuned version then :
house-do-want.jpg

Still a great looking car, B-Class sort of, BLK NO

When is Mercedes going to come out with a BLT? That would be awesome!

And now you made me look at them once more by quoting said pictures :puke: