Rumour Mill: New Mercedes-Benz A-Class and B-Class (2011) and BLK (2012)

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
The MB A and B classes are going to change. From the MPV-ish format, MB is going to make 2 hatchback, one with a sport look and another with a more familiar look. Here's some renders of what's coming next year:

First, the A-Class:

Nuova%20Mercedes%20ClasseA%202011_big.jpg

art_22321_3_mercedes_classe_a_02_big.jpg

art_22321_3_mercedes_classe_a_07_big.jpg

And this is the B-Class:

nuova_mercedes_classeB04_big.jpg

nuova_mercedes_classeB13_big.jpg

nuova_mercedes_classeB01_big.jpg

Also, MB is preparing a new smaller SUV called the BLK. This will serve as the rival to the new BMW X1:

ewferg_big.jpg

erhgberfbed_big.jpg

reqrewbebe_big.jpg

:cool:

Source: Infomotori

Last edited:
Er, source? Those renders don't look very realistic; if they were put into production as-is, they'd have terrible visibility or no headroom.

The MB A and B classes are going to change. From the MPV-ish format, MB is going to make 2 hatchback, one with a sport look and another with a more familiar look. Here's some renders of what's coming next year:

First, the A-Class:

art_22321_3_mercedes_classe_a_07_big.jpg

It's MASSIVE!

So basically the Mercedes 1 Series and X1.

Who made these? Did they just paste a Mercedes grille on some modified 1-series'?

So, Mercedes saw how well Scirocco, 1-series 3-door hatch and C30 were selling, and made their own.. yay.

BLK?! That doesn't fit the naming convention at all!

Why not? It's a smaller version of the GLK.
GL/ML/GLK/BLK

Do you really think they'd call it the MLK?

"I had a dream...no...it was more of a nightmare...there were these ugly Mercedes-lookin' renders...just horrible shit."

Is it just me, or does the render of the B-Class look like a cross between a Mazda2 and a shrunken CLS? It's not a bad thing, but it's weird that the Germans appear to be inspired by Japanese design rather than the other way round.

I like the first two, if they were RWD I'd be drooling.

The scary faceless people do scare me though.

I kinda like the A-Class. Kinda reminds me of these CWW designs.

The CWW Mercedes-Benz SportCoupe
http://img43.imageshack.**/img43/7619/mbsportcoupe.jpg

Or the CWW Mercedes-Benz SLK Coupe
http://img43.imageshack.**/img43/5568/mbslkcoupe.jpg

Or the vintage CWW 100D Compact
http://img10.imageshack.**/img10/1458/mbhistoricw114compact.jpg

But yeah, I like the A-Class

The B-Class looks a bit like the Lancia Delta. The new A-Class looks good! :cool:

Last edited:
I hate those cars, like any other new Mercedes(except the SLS grille and doors)
Somehow the front of the B-class looks like a Delta and the back reminds me of a Megane.

Hm. If these renderings were even remotely right, Mercedes would make a radical change in the A- and B-Class concepts towards sportiness, something that's completely missing from the current models. Therefore I doubt it.

^They actually will give up the sandwich concept to make a sporty 3-door version of the A-Class, that's known for quiet some time now.

Hm, okay. I didn't know that. Maybe that car will actually be a decent one, then.