New muse track!!!

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
New album is coming out soon, not sure when this was release, but I like it a lot.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dDsm6A-QXU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

anti-government as always ;)

I might be a little late though. lol

Last edited:
I already heard it a a few days ago, but a great track nonetheless.

The composer of the Dr Who theme tune called, he wants his intro back :lol:

Nah, just kiddin'. I really like it! My siblings are massively into Muse and have gotten me similarly hooked, and this sounds pretty damn good.

I think Muse have gone backwards since Absolution. The guitars and pianos have almost gone and it has become more and more electronic pop. This is good, but the stuff in Origin of Symmetry was in a different league.

I think Muse have gone backwards since Absolution. The guitars and pianos have almost gone and it has become more and more electronic pop. This is good, but the stuff in Origin of Symmetry was in a different league.

I kind of agree, but personally I like when a band tries to move on with their music with each album, instead of making the same things over and over again.

A......m..use.....thread?

This thread is awesome.

And about the song, it is epic. And I cannot wait until I see them live in November - this will be a belter live.

And @ Sir Stiggington: I think that As good as absolution is, it is still behind Origina and Black Holes. Origin is a brilliant collection of songs, wheras I think Black Holes is better as an album for listening all through. Black Holes was different, yes, but not that much. They still kept their instantly recognisable style. And I do agree with Redliner - it's great when a band makes something gold, but its even greater if they try and make something epic. Supposedly what Muse are trying with The Resistance.

And yes, I have The Resistance Box Set on order.

Last edited:
A Muse thread!? Woot!

The song is excellent. After the disappointment I felt from United States of Eurasia (the ending is just shit*, IMO and ruins the whole thing), this song has got me super excited for the album.

As for the "which album is better" debate, I have a different viewpoint being in the USA and not having any real exposure to them until I heard Time is Running Out and Hysteria on the radio. But even then, I didn't become a real fan until I first heard Knights of Cydonia (because I'm a sucker for epic guitar intros).

Now that I've heard all of their albums, my favorite album is neither Absolution or Black Holes. It's Origins. My 2 favorite songs from them are Citizen Erased and New Born. And in fact, the only song that I have gotten tired of listening to from them (until USoE) is on Black Holes (Invincible).

But a good band is one that isn't afraid to evolve their sound. Now there's some who go too far and end up sucking (The Killers is the first band I think of for that. First album was great. Second one sucked buttermilk and the third one is only slightly better). And then there's some who refuse for evolve, period (see Nickleback).

I will admit that I'm concerned that Muse might go too far with this album in that evolution. But considering that the band hasn't put out a bad song at all on any of their albums, they can take that risk.

I think each album has brought something completely new to the table, and they are all strong for different reasons. I don't think you can really claim one stands above the others for any measurable reason although I tend to prefer origins myself. They are cutting edge.

For the record I had not heard of them before hearing Hysteria on the radio. Truth be told, that song made such an impact I still remember exactly where I was when I heard it and what I was doing. It remains my favorite song, period. After that I was an instant fan.

Last edited:
Been listening to it for a few days now. Didn't like it until I heard it played on the radio though, even after I had already downloaded it. and listened to it a few times.

First time I heard them was not exactly them :lol:
I saw a band make a cover of "Stockholm Syndrome", and before they played it, the female singer said (in terrible english) the name of the band and the name of the song and I didn?t quite understood either. I liked the song, so I went to Google and searched for the bits of the lyrics I could understand and eventually found it. When I heard the actual song, I was instantly hooked. I probably heard it 10 or 15 times.

Last edited:
I just realized I hadn?t watched a single video of theirs, so I went to YouTube and watched "Knight of Cydonia"... :lmao:
That has to be one of the most bizarre music videos ever!

And then there's some who refuse for evolve, period (see Nickleback).
Neither do their fans (see knuckle dragger).

I just realized I hadn?t watched a single video of theirs, so I went to YouTube and watched "Knight of Cydonia"... :lmao:
That has to be one of the most bizarre music videos ever!

Rather interesting I think; like if Sergio Leone, Joss Wheadon and George Lucas thought up a movie but only have $20 for a budget.

^^ By bizarre do you mean completely awesome?? :lol:

Well, it is bizarre AND awesome.:)

Neither do their fans (see knuckle dragger).

Rather interesting I think; like if Sergio Leone, Joss Wheadon and George Lucas thought up a movie but only have $20 for a budget.

Perfect description!:lol:

They've just released this - some amusing shots of the goings on in a Muse recording studio...and it's toilet. :lol:

The making of 'Uprising'.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbZTorDsUI0[/YOUTUBE]

This is part of a weekly download that you get if you preorder the album off of Muse.mu.

Last edited:
Listings have just been put up on iTunes, which means (naughty them) there is a 30 second preview of every track on the album:

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS OF THE RESISTANCE!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IITT946EoY4[/YOUTUBE]
1. Uprising
2. Resistance
3. Undisclosed Desires
4. United States Of Eurasia(+Collateral Damage)
5. Guiding Light
6. Unnatural Selection
7. MK Ultra
8. I Belong To You (+Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix)
9. Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
10. Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)
11. Exogenesis Part III (Redemption)

Fucking epic win. This album will be it.

Last edited: