New muse track!!!

Firstly, it isn't dubstep. Dubstep is Skream, Coki, MRK1, Biome, Loefah. But Skrillex, Rusko and others with that wobwobwobwob is brostep.

I do want Unsustainable to be an one-track special - finding new ways in music, experimenting and stuff. Also, I want to see Matt with Misa Digital in Riga this December live. I even believe that they did this for teh lulz. And to troll the fans.
And, please, don't judge the entire would-be-the-album just by one PREVIEW (not a track, but preview!).

^ Yeah but Dubstep or notdubstep that area is quite different to what they usually go into. I'm not saying it'll be bad, and I'm all for experimenting, and am definitely looking forward to it; and trolling the fans would be epic. During the presale shizzle I for some unknown reason went to look on muse.mu forums and by god I realised why I never got into there in the first place. But I'm all for change - one of the things I like about Muse is that all their albums go in different directions. And I completely agree about not judging an hour or so long album by a 2 minute preview thingy. :p

2 tickets to The O2 on Sunday. Jackpot. :woot:

Saweet! Although its either the Friday or Saturday... :lol: Standing or seats, and if so; where?? I got 3 tickets for that night too, but they're seats :( Lower tier though which is much better - saw them November '09 from the upper tier and it was great, but you're a long way up :p Helped that was the tour when they had the 3 towers, but still. :p

As a note - also going back to the actual thread title; NEW MUSE TRACK!!!! Called Survival and is the official song of the Olympics. :D

Its being broadcast on BBC Radio 1 now, so it'll be on Youtube in about 10 minutes. :)

Yeah its a pretty epic style song. In the interview also played he mentioned that 'a good pianist asked us to make it' which I suspect might be Gary Barlow, but who knows. The start sounds very Take That to me anyway :p

For those not in the know:

However, I'm not pleased by the title - survival. A title like this should be rewarded to songs like Nature_1 or Yes Please... not an Olympic song.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't for the fact that it's the official song for the Olympics.

That means it's going to be played frickin' everywhere. It sounds like that, and it's going to be played everywhere. It's going to be exposed to people - millions in numbers, all across the country and across the world - who don't know much about music or even like music. They might have never heard of Muse, or United States of Eurasia, or anything along those lines. It worries me to think what they might make of it. I played it to my mum and she couldn't stop laughing. I'm not sure what the Olympic committee were thinking on this one.

It's an OK song and I'm sure it'll grow on me come the album, but Seb Coe and Co. should have just gotten to Coldplay to write it instead. Chris Martin's much better at that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Stop being such a Muse hipster and welcome it :p

I do see what you mean though. It is going to be heavily overplayed (especially on the BBC) but at least it shouldn't affect the rest of the album.

Muse were a Twilight background band, now they will be the Olympic band.

The hipster part of me is raging like Vesuvius.

[hipster]I only listen to obscure bootlegs from 1994.[/hipster]

But seriously, it's not that it's going to be played everywhere, it's that I don't think it's the right song to be played everywhere. :p At all.

I'd welcome it getting Muse some exposure if it were a tune that most people can get behind.

Last edited:
^ Ah yes, the 1994 bootlegs. That were shit. :lol:

Muse were a Twilight background band

I never felt that tbh. Because it was a separate release, and its only been played live a handful of times, its not that bad. If Survival becomes a solid part of the live set then it could go either way - getting away with being 'that song from the olympics' or getting old very quickly, a bit like some people felt Guiding Light did (although I kinda like it and the way they did it in the stadium gigs worked well).

That kind of thing's never bothered me. It doesn't matter where people get their music from (even if it's Twilight); I get my music from TV and movies all the time. They've introduced me to some good stuff over the years. Music's meant to be shared.

Last edited:
^ Tis true that Music is supposed to be shared, but Twilight isn't supposed to be shared.

-SMBH's a good song.
-Oh, you mean that tune from Twilight?
- OK, where's my gun?

OK now that is stupid; I don't even how wrong song thought. I've never heard anyone mention Twilight when Muse has been mentioned. :dunno:

Yeah, maybe it's because I don't get out enough, but I've never actually met anybody who knows Muse as simply a Twilight band. That's probably why I've never been irked by the whole Twilight-identity thing.

Last edited:
Ok so that 'trailer' tune is pretty shit, sadly I'm expecting to see a lot more bands/'pop' artists jumping on the dubstep bandwagon in the near future.

I hate it. Are they just trying to be Queen V2.0 now? I'm done with this band...

Just for reference, back when they still made tracks that would melt your face off, and to salvage the thread from all the crap sing-along, shout 'em out lyrics:

[I had to scrape my face off the keyboard after the solo at 4:00]

And probably my favorite:

RIP Muse. :cry: