• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

New name for New Orleans???

Olds442

Since the powers that be are now saying that New Orleans is a city destoyed and that it must be rebuilt, I suggest a new name. ;)

Should it be:

New New Orleans.
New Nawleans.
New Orleans 2: The City Strikes Back
New Orleans Part Deux
Newer Orleans
The Phantom New Orleans
Revenge of New Orleans
New Orleans Reborn
New Orleans 2 Reloaded

Post your suggestions!

Disclaimer: I am not heartless. I do sincerely feel for the people in the gulf states. This is just a bit of levity in stressful times.

I like the futurama naming scheme, New New Orleans.

I also suggest it be built elsewhere, so we don't have to pay to rebuild it every 50 years, or at least fill in the -12 ft elevation with concrete, so that its above sea level.

New Orleans: Redux
Neo Orleans (or Neo New Orleans)
Lake Orleans
Escape from New Orleans
Residential Orleans: Code Katrina

I'll have to think of more...

hokiethang said:
Jostyrostelli said:
Wouldn't work...stupid. What if a country floods, rename the country?

I don't think its supposed to be serious :p

i think it is
most parts of holland are below sealevel ...josty is just afraid :p :p

fluke667 said:
hokiethang said:
Jostyrostelli said:
Wouldn't work...stupid. What if a country floods, rename the country?

I don't think its supposed to be serious :p

i think it is
most parts of holland are below sealevel ...josty is just afraid :p :p

Haha, the lowest place in holland lies 7m under sealevel, but we have some mountains too you know :p

Highest point is 322 meter :lol:

Our only natural disaster hazard is flooding :cry:

Jostyrostelli said:

I saw an interesting show about the levees and sea walls built along the north sea and rotterdam. Marvels of engineering.

Also the villages that have been elected as sacraficial flood plains in case of flooding.

Jostyrostelli said:
Not entirely true, although extremely rare, an earthquake can (and has) hit.

ESPNSTI said:
Jostyrostelli said:

Not with lots of damage, the earthquakes we have are mostly in south and barely noticable...

With Hazard I ment something like has happened in New Orleans. The earthquakes here are nowhere comparable than Asia or other continents.

Jostyrostelli said:
ESPNSTI said:
Jostyrostelli said:

Not with lots of damage, the earthquakes we have are mostly in south and barely noticable...

With Hazard I ment something like has happened in New Orleans. The earthquakes here are nowhere comparable than Asia or other continents.
Hey, it knocked my stack of popcans over last time. :lol:
The last one I remember (1992, Roermond) was a 5.8 I believe.

FYI, interesting link:
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/disaster.html

Nice link, well that probably was the only big earthquake here, compared to other countrys we have no fear at all for them. Just like tornados, we don't have them here on a big scale either.

Olds442 said:
Jostyrostelli said:

I saw an interesting show about the levees and sea walls built along the north sea and rotterdam. Marvels of engineering.

Also the villages that have been elected as sacraficial flood plains in case of flooding.

I downloaded this during the weekend, it's in the megastructures series and is on UKNova at the moment.

The sea barriers in Holland are very serious bits of kit, but the old footage of 5000 people hand building the dykes from stone before the war (I think) show a serious side to the people from the Netherlands that I didn't know existed, I was very impressed.

It is very sad too see people being forced to leave their homes. It would be better if they built the city a bit farther away from the destructive area. it would bring sad memories.

Don't Mean to be rude, my suggestion for a name : Old Katrina

The city is badly damaged, with some destructed areas, but there's still a lot of easily recoverable buildings. What is destroyed can be moved (built outside the area), but I don't think that will happen.