Spied: new noble call it an m600 or m16 or bob if you fell it should be called bob

There's something Audi R8-ish about that rear... :hmm:

Really?

New noble: https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/10/28/2NobleM15M600spyshots.jpg

Audi R8: https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/10/28/P1130502.jpg

I like the look of the new noble, especially from the side.

Brb bathroom :shifty:

New Model, no news is good news

Noble Automotive are aware of the speculation surrounding the release of the new Noble, we have tried as much as possible to avoid releasing any specific details until we felt in a position to do so, honestly and accurately.

As explained in our previous press statement we are making substantial and radical changes to the car. Therefore it is vital that during this research and development, that all aspects relating to the car's future performance, safety and reliability are thoroughly explored and tested. This testing by its very nature is time consuming, but we are absolutely dedicated to making the best possible car to carry the name of Noble forward.

We are very aware of the frustration this may cause to deposit holders and those interested enthusiast patiently awaiting the cars arrival. Noble Automotive, being a commercial enterprise, are also very keen to both present and sell the new car. However we are committed to fully test and approve the car before any release, and will not under any circumstance cut any corners in order to obtain an earlier launch. Therefore at this time we are not making any predictions as to a release date.

At this point we cannot release any further details of the specification of the car; suffice to say that we are more than confident that the car, on its release, will speak for itself, representing both the name of Noble and its brilliant predecessors.

We will endeavour to keep those interested regularly updated via this website.

Translation: "We are not Caparo"

Those side gills off the nose scream Saleen S7.

The overall shape is nice, but the transition from the front fender to the door make them look like they're taken from 2 different cars. Also, the side scoop also looks tacked on like it was an afterthought.

So did the S7, Mustang, and R8 have a threesome that we didn't know about?

It is actually a Yamaha V8.

From the Article said:
That grunt comes from a Volvo (you read that right) engine: the V8 from the XC90, longitudinally mounted and breathed upon by two turbochargers. Drive will be sent to the rear axle, making this Brit sports car a potentially lively beast.

Why a Volvo V8? This engine was co-developed with Yamaha and is a relatively lightweight lump ? and can be tuned to meet emissions standards around the globe. That?s an important attribute for low-volume car makers keen for access to worldwide markets.

So technically it was a Volvo engine - tuned by Yamaha.

Well. the car looks pretty good for a Noble, actually pretty good for any car.

But, the thing that really intrigues me.... does anyone here remember why the old M12 M400 was called M400? It was not because it had 400hp.... in fact it was because it had 400hp/tonne.

So a name like M600 implies that if they're getting 630hp out of the volvo engine, it should still weigh 1050kg. Is that even possible?

Well. the car looks pretty good for a Noble, actually pretty good for any car.

But, the thing that really intrigues me.... does anyone here remember why the old M12 M400 was called M400? It was not because it had 400hp.... in fact it was because it had 400hp/tonne.

So a name like M600 implies that if they're getting 630hp out of the volvo engine, it should still weigh 1050kg. Is that even possible?

The M400 weighed around 2300-2400lbs, which is about 1050-1090kg. The V8 might be lighter than the V6 in the M400, so I guess it's possible. Or they may have just switched their reason for naming, and it the M600 just has 600hp.

The styling just isn't distinctive enough for me, as with every noble made so far. They still just look like kit cars :(

The M400 weighed around 2300-2400lbs, which is about 1050-1090kg. The V8 might be lighter than the V6 in the M400, so I guess it's possible. Or they may have just switched their reason for naming, and it the M600 just has 600hp.

Or maybe they thought M600 sounds catchy.:)

The styling just isn't distinctive enough for me, as with every noble made so far. They still just look like kit cars :(

How so? I thought the M15 looked really well screwed together. Maybe some kitcars are just looking nice these days :) (see the thread about the Factory Five jobby)?

How so? I thought the M15 looked really well screwed together. Maybe some kitcars are just looking nice these days :) (see the thread about the Factory Five jobby)?

Watch the Top Gear review again about the M15, while the interior looks nicely made, it still looks kit car style, just really quality kit car build level.