New Outtakes and News Un-cut

Gave me problems when they first showed up, but fine now.

They are great, But I want to see the guy getting 60 mpg and I doubt he watches the outtakes.

I'm almost positive they will contact him, just to make him look like a fool on a global scale.

Unlike other news uncut, I wish they had left this in! Better than most news segments in recent series. And the cool wall outtakes were better than the real one again. Why are they leaving the bad and cutting the good?

Love the part where Jeremy blows the tire on the Bentley and you can hear the cameracrew giggle.

Here is Andrew Anthony's full piece on Top Gear - he was driving a Prius.

The intentionally bad pun is one of the male vices that the presenters of Top Gear would rush to celebrate if the government ever placed a tax on puerile wordplay. Jeremy Clarkson prides himself on his dissident resistance to Nanny Statism, though it must be said that the BBC iPlayer, on which Top Gear is the chief attraction, is hardly samizdat publishing.

The first episode of the 11th series opened with Clarkson fighting back against the carbon-footprint brigade. To that end the hybrid Toyota Prius was driven as fast as it could go to show that it was less fuel-efficient than a large-engined BMW at 17mpg. I'm not convinced about the real-life scientific relevance of this research. As it happens, I've got what Clarkson calls a 'horrid eco-box' and a couple of weeks ago I drove it to and from Dorset at standard motorway speed - i.e. between 80 and 90mph. And I averaged just below 60mpg of petrol. So I reckon they must have been flooring the poor Prius at about 120mph on Top Gear. Note to readers: if you want to drive that fast, don't buy a Prius. And move to Germany.

The signature attitude of the show is that of a frustrated company executive letting his hair down, following a big steak lunch with a good bottle of wine, and leaning out of his powerful car to stick two fingers up to some passing vegan on a bicycle.

It's an attitude that you can hear in the very inflexion of the presenter's voices, a kind of overemphatic irony and exaggerated indignation that, such is its popularity, threatens to become the blokeish lingua franca of Middle England. Watching the first episode of the new series it dawned on me that Top Gear is the middle-aged Top of the Pops for the generation that grew up on Top of the Pops. It might almost have qualified as an original insight had Comic Relief not done Top Gear of the Pops last year.

There's the same set-up of a cut-out audience brought into the studio to add atmosphere, the same badinage between Jeremy Clarkson and his sidekicks as that between Tony Blackburn and the Hairy Cornflake in TOTP's heyday. And, of course, the cars are the bands.

It's a winning formula, but such an unchanging one that Clarkson felt compelled to joke that the new episode was not a repeat. 'You're not watching Dave,' he quipped. But we could have been. And many viewers will do in the months and years to come. Like some road monster, it just keeps going on and on. Carbon footprint? Top Gear is a lesson in recycling: it is its own carbon copy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jun/29/television.bbc

The signature attitude of the show is that of a frustrated company executive letting his hair down, following a big steak lunch with a good bottle of wine, and leaning out of his powerful car to stick two fingers up to some passing vegan on a bicycle.

Hell, that's my attitude too.

Clearly the irony was missed yet again...how do people like this stay employed?!

The news uncut was awesome with the "Top gear... 1000 wood lane w12 7t million trillion infinity" :lol:. They should have left that in.

The cool wall was also hilarious.

They gotta chuck out the boring stuff and leave some of this funny stuff in!! Cmon guys!

Which episode were the cool wall outtakes from? The only time they did the cool wall this series was in the 2nd episode. Were these outtakes from the 2nd episode, or were they from the 3rd where they cut out the whole cool wall segment?

:?

Which episode were the cool wall outtakes from? The only time they did the cool wall this series was in the 2nd episode. Were these outtakes from the 2nd episode, or were they from the 3rd where they cut out the whole cool wall segment?

:?

I think they cut the whole Cool Wall segment in the 3rd episode, I don't know why they would do that but that's what it looks like.

News uncut, Cool wall uncut

FELT NATURAL! Probably because its far less scripted.

Wilman THIS is what we need. Less scripting and allow the guys to just play with the subject. They are all naturally funny, it works because of that.

Oh please oh please someone please upload this to YouTube as someone else said (If you can)
And paste the links here.

[YOUTUBE=hN22-jdlWxY]Cool Wall outtakes[/YOUTUBE]
I think the cool wall outtakes taken from ep 2. look at the audience

[YOUTUBE=tUXM6VKC2Ew]Top Gear S11E03 News uncut[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=C1b1od40vJM]S11E03 Jeremy vs Bently Brooklands outtakes[/YOUTUBE]

I dont get this!

Everything taken out has been absolutely terrific. If they would include this stuff and take out some of the overdone "humorous" bullshit we would be 100% back in business.

I think the credits need to read:

Editing
Finalgear members