James May: New Oz and James's Big Wine Adventure Season starts October 16

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
^ I know... didn't think the joke would bomb so bad. They look so much alike, but obviously I'm kidding. Duh.

Roberto

Car(s)
In between cars
^ I know... didn't think the joke would bomb so bad. They look so much alike, but obviously I'm kidding. Duh.

Yep, totally over my head! Don't quit the day job :drums:;)

matyas

Car(s)
1981 Mercedes 280SE

Just shows that people don't have a sense of humor when posting after 2am:p

I liked this series, but I think the first one was a little better. My favourite episode was 7.

"With the greatest of possible respect, your winery is not posh, is it?" :lol:

Anyway, I am hoping they make another season. South American or Australia would be nice.

Last edited:

Seasonone

Car(s)
RB25 "silvia"
Does anybody know what the wine James claims is the best he's ever had is? I feel like buying a good bottle to match my rubbish "bottles you can get for a 10er" just in case one of the ladies of the forum come over and i need to impress (skylock katwalk we can get drunk and find out where Viper lives and go harass him!!! :) ) I thought he said his name was John Olden but I am having trouble with that. It was the guy that finally convinced James grapes grow different in different soil. They were red wines and they mentioned syrah/Shiraz grapes but that was earlier and I don't know how much went into his blend.

EDIT: I found out who it was, it was John Alban and I emailed them asking what it was but I don't have much faith in a reply, anybody happen to see a James article where he mentions the blend?

Last edited:

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
My goodness, imagine my surprise to just be clicking around and find a post with my name on it with apparently an invitation to come over and have a bit of wine and make mischief. LOL

I remember the wine you are talking about Seasonone, but can't remember what it was. If I get a chance, I will try to watch that episode tonight and get back with you. It depends on how busy we are.

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
OK, Took me a while to catch the name but it is John Alban.

Alban Vineyards
8575 Orcutt Rd.
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
USA Map
Phone: (805) 546-0305 Fax:
Wine Production: 5000 cases
Wine Region: San Luis Obispo - Paso Robles

I couldn't find where you could buy online or a place that even told you what they had to offer, so I suppose it would mean a phone call if you really want it.

I imagine you could just ask for the wine James May said was the best wine he had ever had.

Seasonone

Car(s)
RB25 "silvia"
I got a reply;

Hello,
I believed that wine to be the 2005 Lorraine which is 100% syrah. That wine will be released next year and there is a long waiting list for it. Perhaps you may come across it on the internet--good luck and thanks for contacting us!