New phone recommendations

Joker19583

Car(s)
'91 Honda NTV 650 Revere; '17 Skoda Fabia 1.0 MPI
Hi folks,
let me join in.
Recently my SE M600 fell once too many and now the regular speaker is out. I can still talk but to hear my opponent I have to switch to the outside speaker. Which is quite annoying for me and probably for the bystanders as well.
The (now) missing stilo, no radio and the meager battery life is something I got rather used to but doesn't help its case.
What I actually do like about it, is the quertz keyboard and the quite decent mediaplayer.

I want something sturdy, as the falling down will probably happen again, and waterproof-ish. The phones I had before crashed when I carried them on my motorbike through some slight thunderstorms but recovered fairly well once they were dry again. (The W800 had a milky display afterwards but it was still usable)

A 3.5 mm socket for the headphones, radio. gps (or even better a compass), and near unlimited battery life are on my wishlist.
WiFi is an interesting option.

Right know I'm looking at a Motorola Defy Mini and a Samsung B2710.

Thoughts, Recommendations?

PS.: Yes, I really do want a compass.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
DONOR
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Re: New phone recommendations

Hi folks,
let me join in.
Recently my SE M600 fell once too many and now the regular speaker is out. I can still talk but to hear my opponent I have to switch to the outside speaker. Which is quite annoying for me and probably for the bystanders as well.
The (now) missing stilo, no radio and the meager battery life is something I got rather used to but doesn't help its case.
What I actually do like about it, is the quertz keyboard and the quite decent mediaplayer.

I want something sturdy, as the falling down will probably happen again, and waterproof-ish. The phones I had before crashed when I carried them on my motorbike through some slight thunderstorms but recovered fairly well once they were dry again. (The W800 had a milky display afterwards but it was still usable)

A 3.5 mm socket for the headphones, radio. gps (or even better a compass), and near unlimited battery life are on my wishlist.
WiFi is an interesting option.

Right know I'm looking at a Motorola Defy Mini and a Samsung B2710.

Thoughts, Recommendations?

PS.: Yes, I really do want a compass.

If you're looking at something ruggedized, the Defy line is one of the best options. Battery life on smartphones is a bit iffy sometimes, depending on the device...but usually with moderate use you'll get a day out of it. You may be able to get an extended battery that'll give you more life.

All new smartphones come with wi-fi so you'll be set with that