New phone recommendations

Pininfarina_

Car(s)
E46
No keyboard, not iOS.

Was looking at the ever popular SGS2. How does it stack up to today's phones?

it's still a excellent choice IMO, although, the Galaxy S 3 will be out soon and might be worth investigating.

Personally though, I'd look at the HTC One X

The S3 will be far too expensive being new and what not. I don't want to spend 700 bucks on a phone. 500 is bad enough.

I just got an S2, I like it a lot.

Nokia Lumia 900/800. Beautifully optimised Metro OS, great people integration, great keyboard and wonderful zune integration. :D

Galaxy Nexus. You can't get wrong with AOSP Android 4.0.

B___U____T
If you want to buy Galaxy S II, feel free to do that since Exynos still is one of the most powerful chipsets in the mobile industry and it is one of the best phones for that price.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying my One X. Plenty of grunt, great design and good build quality.

I was considering the Nexus and the 900, and they perform better right? The S2 is a lot better looking though >.<

Can't choose!

Personally, and this is a purely personal opinion, even though the 900 only has a single core, the OS is so well optimised that it doesn't need any more. I've never had and lag or freeze with my 800.

The S2 is plenty fast.

Please do keep in mind that, athough Windows Phone is very fluent, fast and its UI is simply gorgeous, it do lack in functionality.

I'm also looking for a new phone. In fact, I'm finally looking to join the smartphone revolution, albeit a bit late. I've never owned one before, so I'm looking for some suggestions. Dumb it down for me. :p I get enormous discounts with Sprint, so that's who I do business with. It seems like I can't go wrong with a Samsung or HTC?

Me 3. My old as hell cell is starting to get a bit wonky.

I'm also looking for a new phone. In fact, I'm finally looking to join the smartphone revolution, albeit a bit late. I've never owned one before, so I'm looking for some suggestions. Dumb it down for me. :p I get enormous discounts with Sprint, so that's who I do business with. It seems like I can't go wrong with a Samsung or HTC?

Pretty much. I'd personally avoid Motorola to be honest, although since the Photon's bootloader is unlocked, fixing the screwups Moto does to their software is simple enough.

On sprint a great option will be the Galaxy S III if you can wait until summer. Otherwise the HTC Evo 4G LTE and the Galaxy Nexus LTE are good choices for Android handsets. If you need a keyboard, the HTC Arrive is a solid choice if you want to try Windows Phone, otherwise you'll be looking at the original Epic 4G and the Evo Shift 4g. Both are fairly long in the tooth so I'd choose them if and only if you NEED Android, a hardware QWERTY and Sprint service.

Another thing to look at is futureproofing. Sprint's moving to LTE, so a lot of the "4G" handsets on shelves now might not have wimax service in the future.

Me 3. My old as hell cell is starting to get a bit wonky.

What all are you looking for in your next phone? That'll help out immensely.

I won't be changing phones for a long time, I see that as wasteful, so I will be looking at a higher end model so it will last.

I won't be changing phones for a long time, I see that as wasteful, so I will be looking at a higher end model so it will last.

what carrier?

High end atm basically means HTC One X or Galaxy s3.

This will probably be my Xmas present to meself, or I might be able to swing it by my bday in late August. It is on Verizon, and it will depend on the deal I can get. Would prefer to get one with a card slot too.

Pretty much. I'd personally avoid Motorola to be honest, although since the Photon's bootloader is unlocked, fixing the screwups Moto does to their software is simple enough.

On sprint a great option will be the Galaxy S III if you can wait until summer. Otherwise the HTC Evo 4G LTE and the Galaxy Nexus LTE are good choices for Android handsets. If you need a keyboard, the HTC Arrive is a solid choice if you want to try Windows Phone, otherwise you'll be looking at the original Epic 4G and the Evo Shift 4g. Both are fairly long in the tooth so I'd choose them if and only if you NEED Android, a hardware QWERTY and Sprint service.

Another thing to look at is futureproofing. Sprint's moving to LTE, so a lot of the "4G" handsets on shelves now might not have wimax service in the future.

You call that "dumbing it down"? I understood about 4 words of that. :p

The Samsung Galaxy S looks nice, but what are the real advantages of the III over the current II?