New phone with email access

alihaig

I am getting towards the end of my mobile contract so looking for something new. I don't really use that many minutes or texts but want to get internet/email access and keep to contract to keep control of my monthly outgoings.

The options I have come up with so far are:

Nokia 5800: ?22.34pcm on O2 (nice big touch screen but a bit chunky)
XDA Zest: ?22.34pcm on O2 (seemed pretty nice but I've
never heard of the brand)

Both these are on a special offer for which I was only told it had "limited time". So, a couple of questions. Any experience good/bad of the phones above? If I want to leave my current contract early do I just normally have to pay the difference? Any other phones or plans you would recommend looking at? - I want good email/internet, calls and text but I'm not worried about cameras or anything like that. I can't afford more than ?25pcm (hence Blackberries are almost certainly out of the question :().

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
How much does a basic windows mobile retail for?

XDA's are usually just rebranded HTC's as well

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Left a bit, no right a bit, just there. England.
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
I did the stupid thing of not waiting and going for an expensive Orange contract to get internet access on my Touch HD, I won't use 1200 minutes a month but at least I know they're there.

The XDA is apparently a rebranded Asus phone. :dunno:

alihaig

i quite like the look of the xda but it is just such an unknown. I don't want to find i can't solve some problem because noone has seen it before.

Any idea how i can work out approx what value of phone i might be offered by t-mobile as an upgrade? I don't want to sign up for something now only to find they would offer a better phone to upgrade, but equally i don't want to wait until april and find they offer me crap and i have missed the chance of this good o2 offer :dunno:

Last edited: