• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

New Ring record - 7:15,63 min!

pdanev

Forum Addict
Article from http://www.kw-gmbh.de/motorsport [in german]
(check bottom of this post for pics and translation)

(07.08.05) N?RBURGRING NEUER RUNDENREKORD

KW- Kunde edo competition aus Ahlen hat am 04.08.2005 mit einem Porsche 996 GT3 und nat?rlich mit KW Gewindefahrwerk einen neuen Rundenrekord f?r Stra?enzugelassene Fahrzeuge auf der Nordschleife aufgestellt.

Die neue Bestzeit lautet 7:15,63 min.

Die bisherige Bestzeit, aufgestellt von Michael D?chting im Donkervoort, lag bei 7:18,01 min. Der schnellste Porsche bisher war der Carrera GT.

Lange Zeit hat Wolfgang Kaufmann seine Rundenbestzeit von 7.32.52 auf einem Porsche Gemballa, gehalten, bis er von Horst von Saurma mit einer Zeit von 7.32.44, gefahren mit einem Porsche Carrera GT, geschlagen wurde. Dann kam Michael D?chting am 25.10.04 mit seinem Donkervoort RS und erreichte eine neue Bestzeit von 7.18.01 !

Und nun kam der kleine aber feine Porsche Tuner edo competition und Fahrer Patrick Simon und setzt noch einen drauf.

Weitere Stimmen zum Rekord:

05.08.2005 Der spektakul?re Rundenrekord des Donkervoort ist nach nur einem Jahr Geschichte ? geradezu pulverisiert von dem Porsche GT 2 der kleinen, aber scheinbar unbesiegbaren EDO-Competition-Gruppe um Fahrer Patrick Simon. Er brannte in 7:15,63 Minuten mehr als nur eine neue Referenzzeit in den historischen Asphalt der Nordschleife. Und zweifelte schon zuvor keine Sekunde an dem Erfolg des Projektes.

Daten zum Fahrzeug:

MOTOR

- Basis: Wassergek?hlter 996 GT 2 Motor mit 3,6 Ltr. Hubraum

- Leistung: 612 PS / 6.790 U/min

- Drehmoment: 785 Nm / 4.300 U/min

- ?berarbeitete Ansauganlage

- ?berarbeitete Abgasturbolader

- ?berarbeitete F?cherkr?mmer

- Abgasanlage mit integrierten Sportkatalysatoren

- Motorelektronik/Motorsteuerger?t modifiziert

FAHRDATEN

Beschleunigung von...

0 - 100 km/h in ca. 3,5 s

0 - 200 km/h in ca. 9,5 s

0 - 300 km/h in ca. 22,5 s

edo competition Motorsport GmbH

Hammer Str. 23-25

D-59227 Ahlen

Germany

Tel. 0049 (0) 2382 - 940-520

Fax 0049 (0) 2382 - 940-569

e-mail: edo@edo-competition.de

Web: www.edo-competition.de

Quick translation of the main points:

For quite a while, a gemballa porsche had the best time, 7.32.52. Then came the carrera gt, that did 7.32.44. After that came this guy last year, 25.10.04, who did quite a nice lap of 7:18,01.

However, now came a tuning company called "edo competition", that did this a new record, 7:15,63.

Some details of the car:

Basis: Watercooled 996 GT 2 3.6l Engine

Power: 612 Hp @ 6.790rpm
Torque: 785 Nm @ 4.300rpm

A gaziliion modifications to both body and engine, electronics, exhaust etc etc etc.

Acceleration:
0 - 100 km/h in about 3,5 s
0 - 200 km/h in about 9,5 s
0 - 300 km/h in about 22,5 s

Video of the beast (not the record lap though, this one is about 7:20)
Click Here

DSC03670_1123317523.JPG

DSC03672_1123317565.JPG

DSC03685_1123317733.JPG

DSC03673_1123317583.JPG

btw, check out the site of the company, they tune aslo ferraris, lambos, mercs...etc

I'm thinking that is only just on the limit of being street legal! LOL I think I'll get an Audi R8 and stick some number plates and indicators on it :p

ArosaMike said:
I'm thinking that is only just on the limit of being street legal! LOL I think I'll get an Audi R8 and stick some number plates and indicators on it :p
the doonkervoort looked less legal to me. but anyway, the porsche got a german numberplate and we got pretty strict laws here regarding street legal cars.

avanti said:
is Niki Lauda's 6:58.6 still the fastest time in a non-street legal car?
No, the fastest os all time is Stefan Bellof in the Porsche 956, a 6:11 done in 1983 during qualifying for the Nurburgring 24h race...

marcos_eirik said:
avanti said:
is Niki Lauda's 6:58.6 still the fastest time in a non-street legal car?
No, the fastest os all time is Stefan Bellof in the Porsche 956, a 6:11 done in 1983 during qualifying for the Nurburgring 24h race...
But that was a different track layout: http://home.swipnet.se/~w-32546/nbring/fast1.htm
is the current track the same as the on lauda or bellof drove on?

and one fast car

While it can legally drive on the street, it sure isn't a daily driver. :lol:

check that park bench
very impressive time .. i wonder what'll break it next?

Viper007Bond said:
and one fast car

While it can legally drive on the street, it sure isn't a daily driver. :lol:

get me one..ill promise to drive it EVERYDAY :lol: :p

I was half expecting to see birds bathing in that wing...

haha...

ok this maybe a stupid question... but would they have closed the track to public for him to do that time or he did it with other ppl on it.

cuz in the video everyone around him braked when he came by... and a lot of them braked right in his path...probably affecting the time a bit.

Militant-Grunt said:
TAKE THAT VETTE Z06!!!

have there been any comfirmation about the blue vette was a regular Z06 or the "blue devil" 600hp S/C version? I know the german magazine said it was a Z but with the amount of errors in that article I'm leaning towards GM's official response of that it's the blue devil. 7:40 seems a bit too fast for that car.

I have been there when the EDO team has been testing the car, and all I can say is wow. It would have to be the fastest accelerating car I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.

I came up behind him about 300-400 metres from the start of the track (albeit in a slow rental), but he just hyperspaced into the horizon! Never to be seen again until I got back to the carpark.

There's a lot of discussion about the validity of this laptime, as the status of the car is arguably not street legal, but more street-able.

Also some comments about illegal overtaking in the video laps. You cannot pass on the right at the Ring.