New RPC

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
I forget where I saw it but it seems there is going to be a new reasonably priced car.

That fits. Seems to be every 7 seasons. But for the Olympics etc last year this would be season 21 so near enough.

It appears that the new RPC was launched today at the track. A RV hire company tweeted that they were at the track with The Stig, Jeremy, Richard and a few celebrities - who he names which is a bit naughty of him - not quite the way to get more work from TG I suspect! At least he didn't let on as to what the new car is!

https://twitter.com/RVHire

Looks a little bit like Vauxhall Astra, but the starting price is too much to be RPC.. Hmmm

Well, for sure it's not the Dacia Sandero. :)

It looks a bit like Kia Rio.

Pretty sure it's not the Kia, it's definitely not the Vauxhall and I couldn't find any Hyundais that fitted. Looks very much like Mazda, it has buck teeth and a chrome grille bar. Still looking.

I'd agree but the positioning of the grille is all wrong, and it's chrome. Certainly has the Mazda goofy face though.

Edit: To me the Corsa is currently looking like the most likely contender despite its age and price.

Last edited:
I'd agree but the positioning of the grille is all wrong, and it's chrome. Certainly has the Mazda goofy face though.

Edit: To me the Corsa is currently looking like the most likely contender despite its age and price.

You're right, I'm from California so I don't have a clue what those look like. Definitely seeing it after a quick trip to Google.

1365598211_500310570_7-Opel-corsa-colour-edtion-14-2013-red-.jpg

Any guess on the variant? I look at the Wikipedia and my bet is on a 1.4 100hp petrol. I can't see them using an 85hp 1.2 litre version (or worse, 3 Cylinder Corsa with 65hp).

What's the biggest/most powerful engine available? Since the trend was more power, I don't think the new one will be less powerful than the Cee'd (125 hp?).

Usually they replace cars every 4 years (Liana: '02-'06, Lacetti: '06-'10...) so compared to that it's a bit early to see the Cee'd go (also considering it missed an entire series because of the Olympics last year). Still, I'm not complaining and it's nice to see a fresh car and a fresh board (the "picnic" should be pretty funny too :D).

Last edited:
I'm surprised they've gone down the GM route at all given JC's opinion of the brand although that counts for nothing when product placement and money are involved.

Still won't make me buy one.

:tease: