New Site Logo/Design

I'm more partial to Speed Arena's color scheme. They have a pretty nice layout.

Daniel said:
I think this site and the download site are both wonderful as they are... :|
The color or layout? I like the current layout so that won't be changing, but not a big fan of the color scheme (it's getting old), so I think a better color scheme would be good.

The one @ http://www.speedarena.com/ is decent, but I still like the one suggest a few pages back.

They're all very cool

Andrew911tt said:
what about something like this

That background color will make my eyes hurt.

ChuckTSI said:

These are good, but I don't know. They look pretty bland and doesn't really scream "racy" and "adventurous" like other examples, in my opinion.

^These probably won't be used for a main banner but maybe in the smaller sections of the site when the main logo would seem too out of place or overused? We gotta have variety!

Viggen said:
These are good, but I don't know. They look pretty bland and doesn't really scream "racy" and "adventurous" like other examples, in my opinion.

The site makes it adventurous. your logo should not be adventurous or racy.

Here is why...

1. Your logo must be able to stand reduced on stationairy. The use of wordy text only makes it impossible to reduce.
2. Your logo must use solid colors. The use of gradiant fill is too inconsitant when using print version. (Screen printing and gradient fill fuck up at the edges of the percentage - i.e. 0-20% and 80-100% fills)
3. Your logo must have a 'center feel' with breathing consistant space (often equivalent to 50% of the size of the logo) surrounding it.

Other notes:
1. Using a wide range of color is a last resort as it is very costly to use on stationairy after.

Been doing logos and websites for over 10 years now.
But whatever tickles your fancy. Just my 2 cents. :D

I think it looks good in a banner.
finalgearbanner.jpg

:wink:

^Nice 8)

ChuckTSI said:
Viggen said:

The site makes it adventurous. your logo should not be adventurous or racy.

Here is why...

1. Your logo must be able to stand reduced on stationairy. The use of wordy text only makes it impossible to reduce.
2. Your logo must use solid colors. The use of gradiant fill is too inconsitant when using print version. (Screen printing and gradient fill fuck up at the edges of the percentage - i.e. 0-20% and 80-100% fills)
3. Your logo must have a 'center feel' with breathing consistant space (often equivalent to 50% of the size of the logo) surrounding it.

Other notes:
1. Using a wide range of color is a last resort as it is very costly to use on stationairy after.

Been doing logos and websites for over 10 years now.
But whatever tickles your fancy. Just my 2 cents. :D

I think it looks good in a banner.
finalgearbanner.jpg

:wink:
This is great (you chose my favorite FG logo of the bunch too) but the intagration of the real FG ant TG logos is poor, maybe just remove them since there's already text about TG and 5G episode downloads.

ChuckTSI said:
Simple is always a winner. Look at Advil, TNT, A&E, etc ,etc

Letters only and they are huge. Maybe simple is the answer?

finalgear1.jpg

this combination makes the ideal logo IMO:

post-11-1104680832.jpg

As a logo like that it looks a bit bland but incorporated in a banner it's great, and it could also be used on the forum as icons for new post/no new posts for example, and stuff like that.

I like it's simplicity :)

Renesis has a winner there. I think the logo needs some "smoothening" out. Otherwise it's the best by far, so far. :D

It looks a tad boring though. You can spice it up without loosing its practicality.

If you want to use a different approach, why not use the real deal?
foto0055ko.jpg
foto0067vf.jpg

This is from a 996, and I have some more, with higher res.