Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Viggen can you post the psd for these two please

gearlogomod2.gif

gearlogomod3.gif

I really like the second one...

Buba

I posted an 800x600 ucompressed render of the 6-speed shifter I designed over at DieselStation, but if anyone wants a higher resolution copy just tell me. The sky is the limit - I can render it as large as you want. :)

Can't say I like the orange text (even though I should like orange because I'm Dutch), but IMHO grey is a bit boring.
I really like SNG and Viggen's designs (because I love the Top Gear circle).
A32's looks good too, but the intersection of the gear slots looks a bit messed up.
Zenon's design is good, but perhaps the gearbox logo is too big compared to the words (unless you've tried it smaller and it doesn't look good).

Andrew911tt said:

I'll have to get those uploaded on my server later today, as I'm heading out the door in a few minutes.

Anyway, I made this one pretty quick. It's in .gif on a transparent background.

logomodtrans1.gif

Viggen said:
Andrew911tt said:

I'll have to get those uploaded on my server later today, as I'm heading out the door in a few minutes.

Anyway, I made this one pretty quick. It's in .gif on a transparent background.

logomodtrans1.gif

that + the line at the top (ferrari-ish like in your previous versions) = the sexyest logo EVER!

the text should be bigger. the shifter is too overwhelming
also don't pick the one that looks EXACTLY like the 5th gear
with that damn gear ring on fire or whatever it is

bahnstormer said:
the text should be bigger. the shifter is too overwhelming

logomodtrans2.gif

Better, anyone?

Renesis said:
that + the line at the top (ferrari-ish like in your previous versions) = the sexyest logo EVER!

I assumed this one?

FinalGearred.jpg

That's Nogger's design, not mine. Looks great and one of my favorites, but one beef I have with it. The shift knob is 3-D, but the rest is flat, one-demensional.

here is a stupid idea...

This is for zenon. With the text being on the shiftknob that could be a nice looking render? :D whatever...

idea.jpg

Viggen said:
^ I really like this one.

For those who weren't around on DieselStation, this is one of mine:
Final-Gear-2.jpg

I like having the Top Gear style font thrown in - sort of a subtle reference to the show - but I also really like what Viggen and Nogger are doing. :)

Zenon, do you get my idea btw? If you render it from that angle I sketched out, what does it look like?

For me that porsche font in red is easily the best.

This is a weak attempt at making it look more sketched...

shiftknob1.jpg

shiftknob2.jpg

Plus an idea I thought somebody mentioned. This could be a pretty clean look if somebody with skills had the effort...

DIEA2.jpg

Viggen said:
Renesis said:

I assumed this one?

FinalGearred.jpg

That's Nogger's design, not mine. Looks great and one of my favorites, but one beef I have with it. The shift knob is 3-D, but the rest is flat, one-demensional.

this one but with red text and transparent background