New Site Logo/Design

Doubt there's much work for someone who sucks at web design.

Question:

If bandwidth is proving to be such a problem, why redo the entire site and make it MORE grpahically intensive? :?
Why not make the top (title) a frameset, that way it wouldnt reload every time you click on a link.

A) Frames suck

B) Images are cached, so it's not a big deal. The header is just a few lines of code.

C) This is now hosted on a box where bandwidth is not really an issue (to a realistic level).

could you make it possible in the final version, to be able to select in your profile or sth what sections you're interested in, so when you press "view post since last visit" it skips the non-selected sections :?:

Nope. :(

Hey can i just ask what software do you guys use to make logos?

Thanks

iXi_RiCh said:
Hey can i just ask what software do you guys use to make logos?
I designed the 6-speed shifter part of the logo with 3D Studio Max. I use a lot of Photoshop as well.

Fifth Gear- Supercars, euro boxes & cool crash tests! Let Tiffy, Vicky, Jason & Tom give you a realistic view of the motoring industry ;) .

Top Gear- Join Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May as they get their hands on some of the worlds fastest cars. Keep up to date with the industries news & the muchly debated cool wall. End your night with The Stig :stig: as a car gets put through its paces around the Top Gear test track.

How you like that?? I was thinking of replacing "euro boxes" with urban run-abouts. Not sure if thats better...either way dun matter.

I know the Top Gear description might seem a tad long but the best descriptions would be at least two sentences long.

Long is fine and that sounds good. Unless anyone has anything better, I'll use it. :)

GOD DAMMIT! I HATE IE SO MUCH!!

It's centering the text in links.php (and probably other places) for no god damn reason besides like I said to center the table it's in or something and I didn't notice until now 'cause I've been using a REAL browser (Firefox). :x :bangin:

I don't know if this is still a problem for you, but I think it can be fixed by adding "text-align: left" to the "maincontent" td class in your CSS file for the page. If you've fixed it already but not uploaded it yet, sorry to waste your time.

hey, input like that is always welcome!

Thanks and welcome aboard, hope you'll stay!

:cheers:

drjerriko said:
I don't know if this is still a problem for you, but I think it can be fixed by adding "text-align: left" to the "maincontent" td class in your CSS file for the page. If you've fixed it already but not uploaded it yet, sorry to waste your time.

I think with that contri your post has more info than the average poster here.

:)

drjerriko said:
Yeah, I fixed it. Just had to define left which is retarded. <_<

Appreciate the help anyway. :)

I know the feeling - I just redesigned my entire personal page a few months ago, had it working perfectly in Firefox, and then noticed that Firefox and IE handle table sizes entirely differently - one measures from the inside of the border, and the other from the outside, so I had to go back and redo the entire setup with clear gifs to fix the width so that things would line up in both browsers.

Eventually all browsers will adhere to the same standards. And then there will be much rejoicing.

Decided to go back to using WordPress for the news. Using the forums for the news makes too high of a server load.

Plus, I think I'm going to make the news page static as it doesn't update too often. That'll cut down on some load too.

Still probably going to have the poll on the main page, but I'm not sure.