New Skyline GTR, a failure in the makeing?

it'll sell by the trillions a.) if they bring it to the US
b.) if its not priced like the old ones were.

We don't really know much about the GT-R, so its a bit early to make speculations.

And its going to be relatively expensive, it has to be, Nissan would be stupid to release something that they hope to challenge the 911 Turbo, Z06, etc. with and have it cost $30k K(US). Its going to be at least $60K(US) if not more.

Hype? Its just a sports car like the Skyline GT-R was. It will be nice but not earth moving. Always thought it lacks a bit of soul.

teletubby-warrior said:
NAIDANAC A said:
Id buy a vette, or sagaris.
Is that everyone's new default answer?

considering most people still say "lol, leaf springs" and "I'd much like to live, thank you", I don't think so.

But I would probably prefer a vette or sagaris, if it wasn't for my true love returning in '09

YF19pilot said:
teletubby-warrior said:
NAIDANAC A said:

considering most people still say "lol, leaf springs" and "I'd much like to live, thank you", I don't think so.

But I would probably prefer a vette or sagaris, if it wasn't for my true love returning in '09

What would that be?

and what does your sig mean?
:canadian:

[edit] Supra? :canadian"
[edit again] Camero or Challenger? :canadian:

CAMARO baby!!!!!

Although me personally I'm going for a well built third gen Camaro IROC-Z.

Get a sky...B/C I HAVE ONE MUHHAA...seriously they are fun. (I need to stop obssesing[i cant spell])

wooflepoof said:
it'll sell by the trillions a.) if they bring it to the US
b.) if its not priced like the old ones were.

Well thats a worry, I hope they don't cut the price and performace to make a quick $$$ so then maybe it will be a commercial sucess and a performance failure?

The other problem is, what to race it against? I know you have the JGTC, in the old days you had Group A and that was a given. There really is no defined raceing spec around at the moment (which is a pity) I haven't looked at the WTCC rules (can someone who knows post something?) so I'm not sure where it will fit?

Still I suppose you have the Nurburg ring, but really if thats the only major test of a cars performance, and the test is done by the factory you have to wonder how fair it will be.....

I had to put Skyline there to grab attention to this thread :) Maybe I should have put it in brackets.....damn you guys are anal.... :roll: lol Kebab gud, I'm gunna have to watch your posts and jump on you next time you screw up! :lol:

I have had a love affair with the Skyline since 1992, when virtually no one in America knew of it. In fact I was able to get the 1:18 scale diecast model of the Skyline I saw, a blue Calsonic.

kaBOOMn said:
damn you guys are anal.... :roll: lol Kebab gud, I'm gunna have to watch your posts and jump on you next time you screw up! :lol:

No, not really. You gave it the wrong name. I merely corrected you, as did kebab_gud (who didn't read the first page obviously)

Mischief007 said:
CAMARO baby!!!!!

Although me personally I'm going for a well built third gen Camaro IROC-Z.

The 3rd gen is alright and my family had one a long time ago, but only for a bit before we ripped the engine out and put it in an S-10.

I'm possibly going to buy a 4th gen F-body sometime soon, hopefully.

In other news, I know 2 guys who are in the process of getting R32 Skylines. Secks.

^ I love the low-slung-sleek-long-hood-hatchback look.

The new GT-R will be, as zenkidori said, much more expensive. I'm guessing double of what the Camaro costs and closer to Corvette territory.

NAIDANAC A said:
YF19pilot said:
teletubby-warrior said:
NAIDANAC A said:

What would that be?

and what does your sig mean?

[edit] Supra? :canadian"
[edit again] Camero or Challenger? :canadian:

Mischief got it right, Camaro!

As for my signature, it's a bit of SJIS that I ripped off of 4chan. It may or may not work depending on your computer...but it's a cat in a box saying "I'm a Volvo" with the box labeled "Volvo". Originally the cat was saying "I'm a gundam" with the box labeled "Gundam".