New Suzuki Jimny 4-Door

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature

Suzuki-Jimny-5-Door-01.jpg

If they don't use the tagline "grow a pair" then I'll be disappointed.

Also I'll be the first to say it - 2/3 door cars are cooler than 4/5 doors. I think I'm qualified to make that statement.

Does it still have a naturally aspirated 1.6 and a four-speed auto, both lifted straight out of the dark ages of 1995?

I know that's not the point of this car but suzuki can do better. They have better stuff.

I think it's a 1.5 and you can get it with an auto or manual.

Correct. It's not the same engine they had last gen. They've revised and now have a 1.5-liter that was released in 2018. It is, unfortunately, still NA which means that you only get 100hp.

Between that, its traditional construction and the aerodynamic properties of a (small) garden shed. Performance is still not stellar. 0-60 is about 12 seconds and top speed is 90.

I don't think the additional doors will help that showing, though it makes it even better as a city car for cities where the potholes are bad and you're not locked out of the bits you want to go to because of emissions.

Can you climb any hills with that kind of power? I know these things are small, but still.

Suzuki are clearly missing a trick by not offering it around the world, but it would potentially sell even better in Europe as an EV.

When the engine has that little power even a small electric motor would be an upgrade.

Well sure, to a point.
Anything with a 5-speed and a top speed of 90 is going to be pretty damn low geared! It also has low-ratio, which I imagine would be crawling speed like an 80s Toyota.

Obviously this is a 5-door
Definitely, same as my Disco is a 3-door.