New TG album

But now? I mean, U2? Vertigo! COME ON. HOLY.
I know, they only have like, 22 grammys. I will give you that Vertigo is one of the most overrated tracks ever. But, it's a Top Gear album, more akin to NOW!ThatzwhatIcallmusic #79.

These compilation albums are there to make the money record companies aren't getting from the hippies making post-modern mandolin grunge music, for emo kids.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Compilation albums are a shining example of how you can't please all of the people all of the time. (Looking at the SED threads so is Top Gear come to think of it!)

The only way to get the perfect (driving) compilation CD is to burn one for yourself. Far more interesting would be for people to post the tracks they have personally selected and burned to one standard 700MB CD then we could really get a feel for each others' tastes and who knows, discover some new music we never heard before (let's face it most radio stations in the UK at least play the same old shit over and over again and you actually have to hunt out good new tunes).

If there's enough positive responses to the above idea perhaps we could start a thread along the lines of "My Own Perfect TG Driving CD"

I'll start buying those albums when they fill them with interesting music.
On the new one there's maybe 2 songs I would listen to regurlaly.

I got "seriously cool driving music" and that was "seriously" the last time I ever took Top Gear serious when it came to music. All the songs were the same stuff that gets played on our local "we play everything" radio station that can be played in public offices without offending anybody.

Do these CD's even sell well over there? I can't imagine any situation where I would buy these CD's, burning money to light a cigarette would be more enjoyable.

Reactions: MWF
I got "seriously cool driving music" and that was "seriously" the last time I ever took Top Gear serious when it came to music. All the songs were the same stuff that gets played on our local "we play everything" radio station that can be played in public offices without offending anybody.

Do these CD's even sell well over there? I can't imagine any situation where I would buy these CD's, burning money to light a cigarette would be more enjoyable.

Srsly? :lol:

I've found something on wikipedia, but couldn't find it to download

Top Gear - The Greatest Driving Album This Year! 10 November 2003 2-CD package

does anyone have some info about this?

Wow, Amy Crackhouse is on there twice!
Come on, as a jazz diva she is quite fine. Anyway, everyone is moaning about how there's no more rock'n'roll, SHE is the rock and roll. Smoke all the shit, sniff even more, then smoke again and then maybe more. :lol: :lol:

Bad thing I haven't found the Anthems 2007 from the internet :( can't really get it from anywhere in Finland and hard to buy from ebay etc. I have 3 of the cd's on computer and i love them<3