New TV CARD! It better work...

Renesis said:
can't wait to admire it

"view" isn't appropriate anymore 8)
how about "experience" :D

though we only need HDTV and AC3 for that... ;)

HDTV is only in usa i think, AC3 is not broadcasted here yet

VUK said:
that was just future-talk :p
HDTV will come to europe as well, i believe.
anyhow, HDTV is an amazing standard, ive downloaded Shrek in HDTV format... the image was extremely supersharp :D

bigfoot1942 said:
VUK said:
anyhow, HDTV is an amazing standard, ive downloaded Shrek in HDTV format... the image was extremely supersharp :D
What was the resolution on that Shrek video (not a good test since it's animation BTW), if it is truly HDTV, it should have been 1280x720 or 1920x1080.
I would think that the only advantage of HDTV over what we have now is the increase in resolution (which means bigger file size if you want to capture it), otherwise I would think that the image quality (given equal resolution) would be about the same.
I can't wait to see how good H264, AAC and the MP4 container will work in the next year or so :) .

Go to the Windows Media website and download some sample HD clips. You have a choice between 1080i and 720p. The trailor for Terminator 2 really gives us a taste of what to expect from HD blue ray discs in the future.

^^ I was really hoping the future of HD wouldn't involve Windows Media, but oh well, guess you can't stop Microsoft.

ESPNSTI said:
bigfoot1942 said:
VUK said:
What was the resolution on that Shrek video (not a good test since it's animation BTW), if it is truly HDTV, it should have been 1280x720 or 1920x1080.
I would think that the only advantage of HDTV over what we have now is the increase in resolution (which means bigger file size if you want to capture it), otherwise I would think that the image quality (given equal resolution) would be about the same.
I can't wait to see how good H264, AAC and the MP4 container will work in the next year or so :) .
i believe it was the 1920 by 1080 res.
it was 8.something GB though ;)