New TV CARD! It better work...

yea should be a lot better especially when encoded with xvid.

normal_rockrule.jpg

I replied in the original (now split) thread. When viper said you got a new tv card (a little while ago), I was under the impression that it was a dvb and you were stream dumping, so I naturally attributed the quality difference to the only other factor, faulty encoding. Now that I see that was not the case, and assuming that your card works with all the capture software, and it does in fact stream raw mpeg2 transport streams, you don't really need to switch to xvid (though I would recommend it).

so i'll assume the quality will be like those dvdrips we see online? OMG thats super! thanks VUK.. cool cars with nice quality what more can we ask for, other than the real cars :p

well, is it any better? im very curious... (i have ETA 1 hour)

I don't think he used it on this week's episode. I don't thing he even has the card yet.

LMAO, the card will be here by thursday

didn't catch this earlier, I did a couple of rips for the site in the past when VUK missed stuff I used the Nebula DigiTV PCI and encoded to divx using DVX this made the conversion from mpeg2 DVB stream all push button, I didn't even need to know what it was doing LOL, might be of help.

Cheers

sandys said:
didn't catch this earlier, I did a couple of rips for the site in the past when VUK missed stuff I used the Nebula DigiTV PCI and encoded to divx using DVX this made the conversion from mpeg2 DVB stream all push button, I didn't even need to know what it was doing LOL, might be of help.

Cheers

thanks sandys

Vuk got the card today and this coming Fifth Gear that'll be released today will be from the new card. He says the quality is kick ass. 8)