• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

New Vette tested...

Likwid

I recorded Car&Driver TV today and they had a test of the new C6. From what Ive seen they improved the interior a bit with aluminum (including the center console), the drop top option only adds 14lbs to the car and with a price of $47,000US for a comfortable riding 4.3sec to 60 car with sat nav and the Z51 performance package it looks like Chevy has a winner on their hands.

Unfortunately I recorded it on my VCR so I cant share until it airs again tomorrow afternoon. Ill record it on the computer and have a torrent up tomorrow.

Now after seeing this I really cant wait to see what TG thinks of the new Vette. Even if JC knocks on the side and gives his famous "wheelie bin" comment, you cant deny that for all this car can do a base price of $43,500US is a steal.

yeah but in europe it'll be taxed and shit so the price won't be that "low"

Why spend so much time guessing what Jeremy thinks of the car?
He's not very consistent about cars, testing a car on the track he has a blast on, but then in the studio he just suddenly come up with some stupid excuses why the car isn't that good as he said before.

He is gonna hate ...Why you ask ??? cuz its a corvette and he is a biased britisher. And just to prove my point just read his reviews of the CTS.

it is a steal and a good car but you dont have to be british to notice it has cheap interior parts and wont handle as good as an m3 or 911 carrera. :wink:

OH by the way, dukenukem what car do you drive?

I listen to Richard more then James or Jeremy. He seems to be more about the car and less about the location :D

true clarkson is more biased but he james and hamster will tell you the vette is mediocre with a cheap interior.

justin syder said:
it is a steal and a good car but you dont have to be british to notice it has cheap interior parts and wont handle as good as an m3 or 911 carrera. :wink:

I am a Honda Boy !!!

I got a POS 89 Civic which is soon gonna be sold for some ice cream..
and my daily ride is a 94 Accord ....auto so nothing to write about and soon we will buy my sisters 00 626.

Pretty lame cars but not for long ...:)

Pretty lame cars but not for long ...

im sure you'll buy a rad and beautiful Ford taurus :wink: :lol:

what the hell does any of that mean ???????

i am not justifying that american cars are the best or anything ...and my next car will most probably be another japanese ...all that i am saying is you are not gonna geta fair judgement on Top gear about any car .... if you want to know how good a car really is turn to 5th gear

and all im saying is that most americans that stick up for american cars epsecially the viper and vette, dont necessarily like american cars themselves but dont know it.

i know TG is biased and are on Jaguars payroll but my point has been and can be proven with other americans adimantly suggesting that the vette better than what others think it is and that american sports cars are "good" at handling turns.

agree/disagree?? :|

^ I would agree or disagree if I could understand what you were saying in that sentence. Your grammar is a bit, um... vague.

well ... one way to look at the debate is to see where the car is produced for ...... its handling and turing is good enough for american road { read highways } ... where the car is designed for ... now if you wanna get on the track with it you are using the wrong tool .... same thing with the euro tin boxes ... they are good but not necessarily a very viable option for usa .

as far as being a blind fanatic is concerned i am surely not one of them .... i agree vette is a good car but it is no elise !!!

hope i get my opinion clear.

I respect this Vette. Its pulling the same numbers in the turns as the Z06 and despite its V8 its pulling wonderful numbers in the MPG arena as well. Its a great car that I would be proud to own. The interior really doesnt bother me that much as you can change it with the aftermarket.... I mean look at the car Im getting... the Evo MR IMO has a worse interior then the Vette in looks and quality. I love the new Vette and Im glad with it and the CTS Chevy is finally getting out of the straight line muscle car mentality they have been in since the 60's. Im glad to see them improve a design and only slightly change it over the huge remakes of Vettes in the past but I would still by the Evo MR or an STi over it without thought. I cant personally back this statement up since Ive never driven a C6, but, I think the MR would have a higher fun factor while still being an all season practical car. If I had $100,000US to spend on a car though a nice MR and C6 with money left over for the aftermarket would get some very serious thought :D

justin syder said:

I agree with the interior. Why don't american sportscars have a bit more of nice interior using quality materials?

haz

the C6 they tested was complete base model...didn't even have the Z51 package equipped (which is designed for track use) and it's only another 2500$ for a whole different car IMO

it cuts the 1/4 mile down from 12.7 to 12.5 seconds and has a different setup suspension wise (hence the z51 is made for track (circuit/strip))

it still would be a fast cheap interior plastic car. :|