New Volvo

my dad is tinking about buying one :D

Very nice, my uncle would've got one (T5 AWD) if they wre available earlier. Instead he got a 9-3.

But the T5 is really nice! 8)

post-12-1086914521.jpg

I sat in one at a car show. It is a really amazing car. The interior rivals most BMWs and Audis. If I had a choice between an BMW 5 series, Audi A8 or Mercedes, or this Volvo I would definetly take the Volvo. I was extremely impressed by the car.

Now, it is an amazing car. But, I saw this car in person a few days ago. I was appalled at how it looked. It looks incredably girly. it has no aggresive stance. it is tall, and narrow. It has no sport appearance. It does perform very well, seeing as it is based on the Ford C1-platform. But it is not a guy car. Evidence proves it, the first person to have bought one at my school (this is a big deal) was my Winter Formal date.

zenon said:
I sat in one at a car show. It is a really amazing car. The interior rivals most BMWs and Audis. If I had a choice between an BMW 5 series, Audi A8 or Mercedes, or this Volvo I would definetly take the Volvo. I was extremely impressed by the car.

uh? you're comparing 3 cars from 3 diff classes! :wink:

MPower said:
Now, it is an amazing car. But, I saw this car in person a few days ago. I was appalled at how it looked. It looks incredably girly. it has no aggresive stance. it is tall, and narrow. It has no sport appearance. It does perform very well, seeing as it is based on the Ford C1-platform. But it is not a guy car. Evidence proves it, the first person to have bought one at my school (this is a big deal) was my Winter Formal date.

It looks sporty dude! comon! I don't care if a girl at your school got one it's agressive looking and not girly!

Renesis said:
MPower said:

It looks sporty dude! comon! I don't care if a girl at your school got one it's agressive looking and not girly!
Its aggresive looking??? On the road it looks so odd. It looks like the kid playing soccer who now joined the football team. Its wimpy. Its trying to show its muscles but they are so small, you dont notice them. And the rear is worse. Its all curves and circles.

MPower said:
Renesis said:
MPower said:

Its aggresive looking??? On the road it looks so odd. It looks like the kid playing soccer who now joined the football team. Its wimpy. Its trying to show its muscles but they are so small, you dont notice them. And the rear is worse. Its all curves and circles.

maybe the base model but the T5 with 18" wheels and the bodykit/wing package sure looks agressive!

Renesis said:
MPower said:
Renesis said:
MPower said:

maybe the base model but the T5 with 18" wheels and the bodykit/wing package sure looks agressive!
Well, it has 17 inch wheels.

It looks girly. With the wing it looks more girly. Its like a wonder bra. It just makes all its curves come out. It isnt a wing, its practicaly round.

MPower said:
Renesis said:
MPower said:
Renesis said:
MPower said:

It looks girly. With the wing it looks more girly. Its like a wonder bra. It just makes all its curves come out. It isnt a wing, its practicaly round.

the one at the autoshow had 18" on it. anyway... curves? it's an EDGY design! :roll:

Renesis said:
MPower said:
Renesis said:
MPower said:
Renesis said:
MPower said:

the one at the autoshow had 18" on it. anyway... curves? it's an EDGY design! :roll:
Edgy? Even the parts that should be edgy are round. They didnt make one thing edgy. Look at the tail lights, there is a circle in the middle!

Congatulations you just found the only curve of the whole car! the reverse light! :roll: :wink:

MPower said:
Oh come on! The front end is curvey. They couldnt even make a straight line straight! It all makes a sort of bubble. And its tall and narrow so it all looks out of proportion. The old S40 was a girly car. So is this one.

Thats sort of funny coming from the guy who drives a Mazda3.

No offense to you personally, but come on!

zenon said:
MPower said:
Oh come on! The front end is curvey. They couldnt even make a straight line straight! It all makes a sort of bubble. And its tall and narrow so it all looks out of proportion. The old S40 was a girly car. So is this one.

Thats sort of funny coming from the guy who drives a Mazda3.

No offense to you personally, but come on!
Are you saying the Mazda3 is curvy? Or girly? You would be dead wrong on that one! :wink: