New WYSIWYG post editor coming soon UPDATE: now

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
For those of you who are using the WYSIWYG editor (i.e. bold text shows up as bold when you're writing it rather than being surrounded by BBCode), then you'll be happy to know we're getting a new, better WYSIWYG editor in the next version of vB which we'll be upgrading to very soon:

Launched.

I don't like the new insert-image functionality. :(

EDIT: Did you try the color function, works OK but dosen't put "Red" into the COLOR BBCode, but the hex code "FF0000" .

So? What's wrong with that? It means you can use any color you want.

Auto save is very nice. Many a time I've entered something and in the middle of typing hit something that makes the page go back....losing everything. I installed Lazarus to prevent that but its nice there's another safeguard in place.

So, I typed all this out:

I know I mentioned it on IRC, but I feel compelled to sort of "officially" submit my complaint: tabbing out of the text box doesn't work (in Chrome (on Mac)).

Honestly, all these other features are pretty useless to me, and the one thing I've been able to do on every forum I've ever visited is now gone. BS.

And then I switched to the full WYSIWYG editor and my problem went away. Sort of. So for those who might be annoyed by the same:

User CP -> General Settings -> Miscellaneous Options -> Message Editor Interface -> Enhanced Interface -> Full WYSIWYG Editing

The downside is that pasting text into the box will also paste the formatting, so prepare to use a plain text editor a lot to get rid of that properly.

Too bad the Basic Editor is broken...
unamused_blink.gif

why does the image upload/bbcode box take so long to load and even then it's sluggish, rather have had two buttons upload from desktop and image url, takes inifinitely longer just to post an image :/

why does the image upload/bbcode box take so long to load and even then it's sluggish, rather have had two buttons upload from desktop and image url, takes inifinitely longer just to post an image :/

Yeah. :(

If you drag the bottom-right corner of the editor to make it taller, it'll remember your preference and stay tall. :)

I haven't been able to embed an image from url using the pop-up, it keeps saying invalid url. :/ Works if I type the IMG tag and paste the url.

I haven't been able to embed an image from url using the pop-up, it keeps saying invalid url. :/ Works if I type the IMG tag and paste the url.

Works fine here. :?

Try unchecking the retrieve checkbox.

Well, it works if I uncheck the "retreive file and reference locally" box, but I have to do it every time. Maybe it works for you, since you're the admin and have universal write rights.

Well, it works if I uncheck the "retreive file and reference locally" box, but I have to do it every time. Maybe it works for you, since you're the admin and have universal write rights.

What's the URL to the image you're trying to embed?

Or maybe attachment permissions are b0rk.

logo1w.png

Yeah, I'll check attachment permissions.

What's the URL to the image you're trying to embed?

Or maybe attachment permissions are b0rk.

I just used it successfully in your "what rear wheel car to buy" thread. That was with the retrieve image option.

I've had problems with the new Quick Reply box not working in Safari on my iPhone. It deletes any return lines in my post (I can edit them back in, but it's strange that it doesn't work when I make the post to start with). Plus, it doesn't seem to come up with all its buttons on here to start with. I get a text input box with no font/color/image/etc. options.

Unfortunately this is starting to irritate me. Apart from not working on my Android browser adding images is slow, often I find that what I just posted is still in the quick reply box and I almost lost a post a few minutes ago where for some reason Firefox was reloading the page when I clicked 'Post Quick Reply'.

I'd much rather have the old one back, I can't see that we've gained any functionality with this.

I just find it funny that I write a quick reply, click on 'Post Quick Reply' and get an error message advising that I'm navigating away from the page and any changes in the editor may be lost, do I wish to continue? Clicking Y gets the post submitted. :lol:

And yes, changing my vote from sexy to PITA.