New WYSIWYG post editor coming soon UPDATE: now

If I try to paste in text...it'll change it to Times New Roman...kinda annoying.\

That and I don't want it to locally reference the images...on purpose....yet the checkbox is always checked..

I just find it funny that I write a quick reply, click on 'Post Quick Reply' and get an error message advising that I'm navigating away from the page and any changes in the editor may be lost, do I wish to continue? Clicking Y gets the post submitted. :lol:

I got the same message once but couldn't bring myself to press yes, so ended up copying the post into a text editor and re-doing it.

Yeah, I'm only getting it randomly. Only slightly annoying. The cursor issue (either not appearing, or when you press <enter> it moves the line down and returns to the top of the box for the next line, and you can't move it anywhere else. Because I would really like to go back to change the ( in the first line to a , but I can't go back unless I delete all this text.

Yeah, I'm only getting it randomly. Only slightly annoying. The cursor issue (either not appearing, or when you press <enter> it moves the line down and returns to the top of the box for the next line, and you can't move it anywhere else. Because I would really like to go back to change the ( in the first line to a , but I can't go back unless I delete all this text.

Happens if you click on the editor before it's fully loaded.

Thanks. I'll try and be patient :D

I don't like the attachment thing much. I have been having to type out the img tags which is a bit annoying if I want to post multiple things, especially since I am very typo prone.

I fear that me and this new editor may have broken something. I was testing out copying text from a little calculator I've been building in Excel (which will be used for calculating points for LFS/Forza leagues) and pasted it into the post editor, while viewing my thread in the LFS section.

That thread doesn't load any more. I didn't post anything, just pasted the text in.

Can one of the admins have a look and see what I broke please?

Interesting, it works fine when I'm logged out but when I'm logged in it doesn't work at all, on any device. :think:

Thanks for checking. :)

Add me in as another person who hates hates hates HATES HATES! this new editor. It is impossible to post from my iPhone now. It doesn't recognize line breaks unless I go back in and edit them. I'd rather have the old one back. At least it worked.

Doesn't even love on android.Do the line breaks work, though?

EDIT: Nay.

Another vote for the old editor (or a new one that doesn't suck).

It doesn't even display correctly in Firefox for some reason. Sometimes I get a blinky line telling me where I'm about to type...and sometimes I don't. Arrgh.

I got the same message once but couldn't bring myself to press yes, so ended up copying the post into a text editor and re-doing it.

This happens to me consistently if I don't have scripting turned on (I use the FF NoScript extension). Makes the Quick Reply box kind of pointless at best for those of us who don't like scripting.

When on the iPad, spaces between paragraphs don't display the first time I post. This is line 1.This is line 2.If I edit the post to show the proper formatting it will display properly, just never on the first attempt.

Is this box ever going to get fixed? I can't start a new thread now on my laptop, and I think it's because I tried to preview a post, the preview didn't load and I got a white page, and then I just tried to re-do the whole thread, and now I get a white screen instead of the "Post New Thread" screen.

Another problem is that every time I add a < 3 (without the space) and make a <3 and then go to edit a post that contains the <3, it will delete everything past the <3. In some cases, that's been most of my post! GRR. Let's hope I don't feel the need to edit this one. If I put in a double-post about how much I hate this non-functional text box, you'll know why.

Then there's the issue of not getting a blinky line for where I'm typing. Whenever this happens (often in Firefox for me whenever it opens a new page for replies instead of using the Quick Reply box), it inserts text at the start of my post, which is not good if I'm quoting anything. And, of course, that makes me unable to move where I'm typing in case I want to add more to a prior paragraph or something. That's annoying.

Do us a favor, nuke this from orbit, kill it with fire, and kill whatever's left with more fire. The old text box wasn't broken, actually worked, and didn't need fixing.

And now I've found out that the text box doesn't like the motherofgod pic, either. If you put either that or the