New WYSIWYG post editor coming soon UPDATE: now

A whole bunch of the emotes are missing.

I'll see what I can do this weekend.. either upgrade or replace ckeditor.

w00t!

the less it does itself, the better it is...

Oops :blush: I wasn't using the wysiwyg editor, but rather the "standard" one (it is selectable in your control panel), so any comments I made should be read with that in mind. I've now switched to the "plain box" one and will see if it is any "better".

Last edited:
I fear that me and this new editor may have broken something. I was testing out copying text from a little calculator I've been building in Excel (which will be used for calculating points for LFS/Forza leagues) and pasted it into the post editor, while viewing my thread in the LFS section.

That thread doesn't load any more. I didn't post anything, just pasted the text in.

Can one of the admins have a look and see what I broke please?

I now get the same thing, and it isn't just the user logon. Multiple browsers from different machines from different IPs are all met with a 500 server error.

I've even tried changing the posts/page setting so that my post in question is called from a different URL, still broken.

The editor is shit and needs to die.

Last edited:
The editor keeps cutting off things I post. If I quote someone, type my response, and hit submit, occasionally it will display my reply as their quote without a closing "[/quote]" tag, and my comments below are gone. Completely. Even if I refresh or go back I can't access it.

Gotta remember to get Lazarus on my netbook, but I was hoping the fact that it auto-saves would at least allow me to recover from when it barfs.

Last edited:
This is a reply using updated editor on mobile safari/iPhone.

Return lines
Bold
Italic
Underline
:lol:

I can make threads again!

Somebody fixed something.

{ cautiously waits to see if return breaks post }

Working perfectly on Android -Dolphin Browser HD. :)

You can make the checks payable to "cash"...

The editor keeps cutting off things I post. If I quote someone, type my response, and hit submit, occasionally it will display my reply as their quote without a closing tag, and my comments below are gone. Completely. Even if I refresh or go back I can't access it.

Gotta remember to get Lazarus on my netbook, but I was hoping the fact that it auto-saves would at least allow me to recover from when it barfs.

The updated editor is still suffering from this issue. Here's what happens when this infrequently occurs:

http://img51.imageshack.**/img51/9230/editorbroken.png

I typed a lot more in the box before I hit submit. Even worse, hit edit to try and fix it and what you typed in response along with most of what you quoted (Victor wrote more than what is shown in the box) is gone. Particularly frustrating if you've typed a long winded post.

EDIT 2: I deleted the post in question and started completely over. The same thing happened! :| I'll try a third time to see if the emoticon Victor used right after the word "2.3" is the problem

EDIT 3: The emoticon is the culprit. I deleted the emoticon he used before submitting and sure enough, the post submitted correctly.

Last edited:
Another problem is that every time I add a < 3 (without the space) and make a <3 and then go to edit a post that contains the <3, it will delete everything past the <3. In some cases, that's been most of my post! GRR. Let's hope I don't feel the need to edit this one. If I put in a double-post about how much I hate this non-functional text box, you'll know why.

EDIT 3: The emoticon is the culprit. I deleted the emoticon he used before submitting and sure enough, the post submitted correctly.
That looks like one helluva parsing/escaping special characters issue.

The emoticon I used in that post was <_<

I've had this happen to me and identified the emoticon as the culprit as well. Makes sense for a parsing issue do the the use of "<". especially since coco has the same problem with <3

It thinks you're trying to navigate away from the page (and lose your post) rather than submitting it. You can just click "Leave Page".