Newest fuckup at Nordschleife: Astroturf. Yes, artificial grass. Kills Caymans.

The gravel stops as soon as the exit to the corner starts, so there's no chance of 'clipping' it. I'm sure if you forgot to brake (which is also the only way I can see that corner going wrong) then you'd be very glad for the sandpit.

Well, it?s Aremberg, I think there actually aren?t many places on the ring which offer a larger number of ways to get it wrong. :D
It?s one of the slower corners, and comes immediately after Schwedenkreuz, which is the fastest corner of the track, and one of the trickiest. The gravel pit at Aremberg is where you usually end up if you made a small to medium mistake at Schwedenkreuz, and can?t get the car under control in time for the braking point. Then there?s the fact that the outside line is extremely slippery in the wet, the inside is significantly better, but still pretty bad. Then there?s the fact that lots of people underestimate just how slow this corner is. Have I mentioned that it?s really really goddamn slippery in the wet? :mrgreen:

:lol: Yeah I guess I'd forgotten about the 'lead up' to it. Silly corner off camber over crest :p

Well, it?s Aremberg, I think there actually aren?t many places on the ring which offer a larger number of ways to get it wrong. :D
It?s one of the slower corners, and comes immediately after Schwedenkreuz, which is the fastest corner of the track, and one of the trickiest. The gravel pit at Aremberg is where you usually end up if you made a small to medium mistake at Schwedenkreuz, and can?t get the car under control in time for the braking point. Then there?s the fact that the outside line is extremely slippery in the wet, the inside is significantly better, but still pretty bad. Then there?s the fact that lots of people underestimate just how slow this corner is. Have I mentioned that it?s really really goddamn slippery in the wet? :mrgreen:

And really bad if you add oil. 1:00 on.