Newest fuckup at Nordschleife: Astroturf. Yes, artificial grass. Kills Caymans.

I'm more interested in what the ADAC-vehicle is doing on the back of that truck.

And here is Dale testing it at 60km/h...

Audi is there because it is the intervention car and they just carried it there :p

So amazingly stupid. I get that it's there to save having to do track repairs but use pavement instead!

I'm more interested in what the ADAC-vehicle is doing on the back of that truck.

X2 here. Looks like Audi is doing everything to advertise...

It is the intervention car and it had a power steering failure.

Haven't soccer players over there played on AstroTurf and slid a lot more than real grass? So, wouldn't a car going much faster be worse? I thought ze Germans would know these things!

Looks like they did it because people went on the grass there and dragged dirt and gravel onto the track, which is kind of bad news for bikers. Oh well, so now they just crash. Huge success.

Well, don't drive off the track.

Well, at least that'll end in millions of collateral damage, which will show the organizers how much they fail.

Put some proper red and white curbs there. They will be slippery as well, but it's common knowledge and people hopefully stay away from them...

Looks like they did it because people went on the grass there and dragged dirt and gravel onto the track, which is kind of bad news for bikers. Oh well, so now they just crash. Huge success.

Not exactly good news for cars, either...

Sources say there is gravel underneath now and they did it to help drainage as there were rivers of water flowing over track at that spot, sounds realistic to me.

Thats one way to raise revenue, more crashes means more armco damage.