No 56k: Newest Nardo Highspeed Showdown: 9 Winners, 1 Loser

There was a Nardo high speed run for modified cars aswell, I think that would be a lot more interesting to see. :)

Looks like it was the same unit that also had over heating problems during this Nurburgring test:

In that video the problem was the transmission overheating due to the high gear boost.

So it wasn't a production model in the test? Strange.

And a strange group of cars assembled.

I really start to like this Stirling Moss thingy.

BTW:

Highspeed-Test-Nardo.jpg

Appearantly every sex offenders dream car this.

Last edited:
pedobeartooold.jpg

In that video the problem was the transmission overheating due to the high gear boost.

So it wasn't a production model in the test? Strange.

And a strange group of cars assembled.

There won't be a Euro-spec GT-R Spec V, so the only unit that's been used in several tests (from Best Motoring to Car magazine) is that French registered, LHD that I suppose Nissan has brought to Europe only for testing purposes.

why the title say 9 winners and1 loser but i only see 8 cars in the pics + the gt-r that makes 9 and not 10

How did the GT3 beat the Ford GT to 300k??

The GT40 had a strangely setup transmission I guess, it even needed to stay in fifth to reach topsspeed, it was ~10km/h slower in 6th gear.....power-wise the GT40 should eat the GT3..

There won't be a Euro-spec GT-R Spec V, so the only unit that's been used in several tests (from Best Motoring to Car magazine) is that French registered, LHD that I suppose Nissan has brought to Europe only for testing purposes.

In that case it wasn't such a big deal that it broke down then.

Im not a fan of the 911 by any stretch but...

Highspeed-Test-Nardo.jpg

There is much awesome in this photo

Cos it's a Porsche and ergo brilliant. :cool:

Easily the best performance car out at the moment for the money (that doesn't overheat or falls apart).

Maybe the fact that it is probably the worst 0-300 km/h time ever measured for a Ford GT has more to do with it. When AMS tested it in 2007 it was more than 20 seconds faster to 300 km/h (33.6 s)

Maybe the fact that it is probably the worst 0-300 km/h time ever measured for a Ford GT has more to do with it. When AMS tested it in 2007 it was more than 20 seconds faster to 300 km/h (33.6 s)

I think they had a real minger of a GT for this test. I would think it would be right there with the LP670 in at least acceleration and top speed. Its a touch faster than the LP640 if I recall.

BTW: The ZR-1 did a 0-300km/h run of 36,6s and topspeed 332 km/h last year.