NEWS FLASH: Adam Carolla to host the US version of TOP GEAR...

ilko

Car(s)
93 RS America, 04 A4 Avant USP, 33 Z?ndapp K800
Last edited by a moderator:
I had a feeling this was coming when he said he liked Top Gear but i was really hoping it wasnt true. Hes not my favorite.

I won't judge until I see the show. Right now, I see him as a good personality for a show like this, and that he knows about cars, unlike JC, who thinks turbos are a work of witchcraft.

^ Clarkson feigns ignorance for humor. Carolla could be a good host, though I'm not familiar with his work outside of The Man Show.

Wow, well I was sure proven wrong. I thought for sure he'd be too busy.

Awesome.

Adam?s taste in cars is just as down to earth as he is. In addition to the 510 and 911, Adam?s daily driver is a new MINI Cooper S?he?s already started to hotrod it?as well as a new Nissan 350Z and an E46-chassis BMW M3.

Well this sounds promising, I kind of like some of what he does. The fact that he's a big Datsun fan means we'll hopefully get to see some interesting old Japanese cars on the show.

With the right guy to counter his attitude (or go along with it) this show could be equally as good as the original.

Last edited:
He was brilliant on Loveline, his car show presenting abilities however, remain to be seen. I for one, am looking forward to seeing him presesent "Gear".

Um...who's Adam Carolla?

EDIT: OK, watched the Youtube videos. He has the potential to be very annoying, particularly because of his nasally voice. Also, he's pretty offensive, not entertainingly so; just vulgar.

Last edited:
Um...who's Adam Carolla?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Carolla

A widely popular American comedian and car nut, especially popular with men. Hosted Loveline for 10 years, the hilarious Man Show for 5 (co-hosted with Jimmy Kimmel who you've probably heard of), and now has a syndicated morning radio show that replaced Howard Stern in many markets.

EDIT: OK, watched the Youtube videos. He has the potential to be very annoying, particularly because of his nasally voice.

He has a face for radio, but trust me, he's a very funny and on his toes guy. Listen to the podcasts I linked to on the front page.