News Uncut from episode six

LindenChase

Nice treat: 12 minutes of the news uncut from last week's episode. And some outtakes from the communist cars as well.

And I could watch them both without using the fix, so they should be available to anyone. :D

Last edited:
I could watch, too :) Loved the uncut news...shame a lot of that wasn't aired because it was very funny.

Yay! I could watch! More love for the uncut news from me. :nod:

And some more :)

looks like I was a bit too slow :( The News and Commie Cars are great, but the chase scenes are boring without any music :( Interesting too see, what some music and cutting are able too create =)

Last edited:
And some more :)

looks like I was a bit too slow :( The News and Commie Cars are great, but the chase scenes are boring without any music :( Interesting too see, what some music and cutting are able too create =)

Had that thought myself on the Fiesta bit. Without the music one's perception is unaltered and you realise the speeds they are actually going rather than perceive them to be hurtling through there. If you get my drift?

As for the News Uncut I know some people on here aren't fans of the news and complain all the time that it's completely scripted but the amount of ad libbing in that 12 minutes or so clearly shows that while there might be a rough draft, what we see most of the time on the fnal edit is just the best bits of nearly half an hour of them just talking bollocks. I think if anything it's not scripting that's killing the feel but the edit - by making it too polished they gift it that scripted feel and take away the sensation of spontaneity.

Just my twopen'th for what it's worth.

Seeing the extra Fiesta chase bits it is obvious they weren't going all that swiftly and while JC was being pretty deadpan in the film he seems more nervous in the cut out parts. You can tell how careful they really had to be. And yes, the lack of music makes a big difference. The part in that video on the cctv where he's sliding toward the 2nd level guardrail and says "Don't go down there otherwise I'm back on level one" made me realize that there were more dangers in that shoot besides running through someone's window display.

This might make for a good avatar or a signature photo :mrgreen:

Or for a caption competition!

"Greenpeace's Jeremy Clarkson voodoo dolls apparently effective"

Last edited:
This might make for a good avatar or a signature photo :mrgreen:

full

He looks like he is being hung by an invisible rope.

When someone looks like that where I work, we call a code and start pumping on their chest.

He looks like he is being hung by an invisible rope.

When someone looks like that where I work, we call a code and start pumping on their chest.

But I bet after they call TOD you don't cart them off to rot in some politician's front room!!! :lol:

As for the News Uncut I know some people on here aren't fans of the news and complain all the time that it's completely scripted but the amount of ad libbing in that 12 minutes or so clearly shows that while there might be a rough draft, what we see most of the time on the fnal edit is just the best bits of nearly half an hour of them just talking bollocks. I think if anything it's not scripting that's killing the feel but the edit - by making it too polished they gift it that scripted feel and take away the sensation of spontaneity.

The news is my favourite part. But then again, I'm quite unusual.

I think a lot of what you've said here rings true. I don't give two hoots that parts or indeed all of the show is scripted but I can see how some people would but as you've said, from this particular news uncut we see evidence of ad-libbing much like as if the boys were down the pub taking the piss out of each other.

The news is my favourite part. But then again, I'm quite unusual.

I think a lot of what you've said here rings true. I don't give two hoots that parts or indeed all of the show is scripted but I can see how some people would but as you've said, from this particular news uncut we see evidence of ad-libbing much like as if the boys were down the pub taking the piss out of each other.

I'd like to second all that :)

Thirded. :D I'd be happy if they cut TG Stuntman and the V8 stuff for another ten minutes of News.

spin off show - Top Tear Top Talks - each of the boys can take it in turns to interview people they find interesting (half hour-hour show) not the ones imposed on them for SIARPC

Then Top Gear Top Cocks - half hour of an expansion of the news segment. Shown late at night so doesn't have to be censored (well, BBC would probably have to do some cleaning up)

Seems the region free is a lie. Or perhaps ONLY limited to various IP's. It sure didn't work for me.

Love the news. My favourite part as well. Much of it isn't scripted, but even if it was, why would that stop it being funny? Did people not laugh at Not the Nine O'clock News because it was scripted? And secondly, it can't be because the "relationships are fake"- all three presenters are fairly good friends in real life, jeremy confirmed that in fact the other day on the radio.