News: "VW Scirocco 19th of december" Update: Postponed

FireFox

Not the Browser
Car(s)
Ford Fiesta (2008), sold Toyota Carina II.
Hello LFS Racers.

We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December.

If you'd like to have a look at the car in 3D or start working on a skin, you can :
- download the CMX Viewer (26 MB)

For a preview of the car inside LFS you can watch a presentation video made by Victor van Vlaardingen.

- Watch instantly on YouTube
- Low resolution AVI (19 MB)
- High resolution AVI (47 MB)
- Best resolution MKV (51 MB - does not play in Windows Media Player)

You will need an S1 or S2 license in order to drive the Scirocco when it is released.

More information next week!

- LFS Developers
[youtube]rsYGl5fK93Q[/youtube]

VW Scirocco postponed
We are sorry to have to announce that the VW Scirocco will not be released this week as planned. Unfortunately we are unable to continue working into the following week, and it has turned out impossible to reach the required standard in the time available.

This is for two reasons :

1) The compatible test patches had more bugs than expected. Although the recent graphical improvements had worked very well in private testing, when released to the public and tested by hundreds of people, it turned out that there were problems on some graphics cards. One of these has been solved completely and another has been partially fixed. There is also an issue where LFS sometimes causes a crash - this has not yet been resolved and there are some other minor bugs to sort out before we can release an official version.

2) Refining and finalising the Scirocco is taking longer than expected. Although we have made good improvements recently, up to the date of the previous announcement, there were still outstanding issues that proved harder to fix than expected. This is on the mechanical side and the electronic side. We are trying to make a good simulation of the traction control systems and the stability control systems, well known to be a very good feature of VW cars.

Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings. This will mean that the racing should be closer than usual and rely on driver skill, without the need to search for the best setups. Of course this means we need to get the setup as good as possible so it is comparable with the real car.

We are confident that we can fix all the issues and make the car a really good one to drive in the near future, but as various things that need to be done will take an unknown amount of time, we had to make the decision to postpone the release until next year, rather than release something in a rush that is really not as good as it can be.

We know this will disappoint many of you who have waited a long time for the Scirocco, and we are sorry about that. We plan to fix the bugs and continue developing the Scirocco suspension and electronic control systems, to give you a good patch early in 2009.

Last edited:
Yay!
Now I only need a better computer...

Whats your specs now? Because I think mine is much worse :|

lfs doesnt require anything more because of a new car :rolleyes:

car looks brilliant tho.

How about a race with the Scirocco? For example on the 20th or 27th?

Whats your specs now? Because I think mine is much worse :|

Crappy PC contest!
Pentium 4 2GHz. Crappy onboard video card. 512Mb RAM :mrgreen:

lfs doesnt require anything more because of a new car :rolleyes:

car looks brilliant tho.

Of course not. It was meant more in a way of "Woohoo! More reason to play LFS! Now I only need a better computer so the experience is more enjoyable!" ;)

How about a race with the Scirocco? For example on the 20th or 27th?
Sure, we can have a race then. I'm not sure if i'm available those dates...

Crappy PC contest!
Pentium 4 2GHz. Crappy onboard video card. 512Mb RAM :mrgreen:
yay, I won something.. oh wait..shit, 1.6GHz. But anyway LFS is still playable. Its more CPU intensive than GPU wise. More players, more physics calculations lower fps, at least here...

That's nice, but I hope they fix the sound because it sounds exactly like most 4 bangers in the game. They should give it a more depth.

I'm really thinking of buying a license just for the scirocco :p

alot of people probably will :lol:

i just did :whistle:

I have been playing LFS for some time now, but that wasn't really 'legal'. I finally bought it now, and it may be a replacement for rfactor or gtr evo. if you see a white scirocco driving with a big yellow square with a black X in it on the rear (official sign of noobness), that'll probably me :p

Last edited:
i just did :whistle:

I have been playing LFS for some time now, but that wasn't really 'legal'. I finally bought it now, and it may be a replacement for rfactor or gtr evo. if you see a white scirocco driving with a big yellow square with a black X in it on the rear (official sign of noobness), that'll probably me :p

oo, that reminded me :lol:
made this a while back
http://img201.imageshack.**/img201/7601/xrgtgbeemernu5.jpg

Congrats :) Your lfsworld.net Stats at least i guess thats your LFS Username :p. You can fill that in your FG Profile aswell, you will see this
isonline.WernerNoorlander.gif
image to see if your racing/spectating or offline. Booo about cracking it but now you can play online!

I just added in my profile, thanks :thumbup:

Edit: Man, this sucks! i really was looking forward to driving the scirocco! :shakefist:

Last edited: